Like Tree1968Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 92 of 143 FirstFirst ... 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    You actually think you can openly take pictures of police forces in the UK and the US without being at least questioned.
    I think you can openly take pictures of police forces in the UK without being at least questioned.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Can I suggest you both do a simple internet search on the perils of taking a photo of UK or US policemen without their permission. It may just shock you into reality.

Can I suggest you both do a simple internet search on the perils of taking a photo of UK or US policemen without their permission. It may just shock you into reality.
    Sorry I should have added neither are illegal but both can end up in arrest and interrogation on ‘anti terrorist grounds’

A Police officer overstepping his power is one thing. That can be slapped down by the Parliament and the Courts (as in the UK) or supported by a puppet regime that's just left the Police to twat the populace as it feels suits (as in HK).

In the UK, taking pictures in a public place is protected by law. Yes, Police can try to tell you that you are a aiding a terrorist act, but that's likely to be laughed out of court. In HK, that's now likely to be accepted as everyone steps back.

Trying to excuse the behavior of the HK police is ridiculous because even if journalists were shot in the US and the UK. There is something called oversight. There are many avenues that people can take to complain there. There are none here... What's next? It's OK for police to beat people up because in the US they beat Rodney King? It's OK for police to steal drugs because some other police officers have done it in the UK?

If you think it's OK to live in a place where police has the right to intimidate people that are doing something they don't like, we certainly don't hold the same values.
    Last edited by Aramis; 10-05-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Coolboy, rs4 and DennisMilano like this.

You actually think you can openly take pictures of police forces in the UK and the US without being at least questioned.

Let’s have proper informed facts. Taking photos in this way I would argue HK has been relatively weak in comparison to others
    Of course you can. You can even do that in China.

Name:  SAM_0890.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  1.27 MB
    Name:  IMG_1459.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  639.4 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Yes I remember reading one about a protesters deserving to be shot

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Yes I remember reading one about a protesters deserving to be shot
    Feel free to keep throwing that old chestnut up and continuing to post out of context.

Meanwhile it is a SIMPLE point. People are continually (wrongly) arrested elsewhere for the same thing.

Still, keep the blinkers on and keep up the bs. You’re doing just fine.

Yet you seem to continually avoid the even SIMPLER point... No oversight of HK police. HK police satisfaction survey in late December was about 30%. Who is wearing blinkers? the 70% or the 30%? UK is about twice as much. Who is police meant to serve and protect? The public or the government?

Page 92 of 143 FirstFirst ... 84 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 ... LastLast