Like Tree29Likes

Clockenflap 2019 - Cancelled

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bbchris:
    Wine & Dine is a Government event so would make sense to cancel that. Clockenflap is not Government and it's about music and arts. So the Government wont cancel. I've spoken to the organisers and they are happy to proceed and not too worried about it. Apparently violence in the UK is much more violent than violence in HK....
    I'd agree with that generally - except the biting of ears off maybe!
    bbchris likes this.

They have been running the festival for over 10 years now. I am sure they know what they’re doing. I’ve bought my ticket. Gonna be a great wkend!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieinHK29:
    They have been running the festival for over 10 years now. I am sure they know what they’re doing. I’ve bought my ticket. Gonna be a great wkend!
    And pretty much every year have been an experience they never thought would be possible. Good things don't last forever

Any word if this is still on?

It's next weekend. If they are cancelling you would think it would have been announced by now.

Do they have any top acts with insurance cover that will allow them to come?

Would be nice if a cease fire was called for this weekend so the City can have a moment of enjoyment amongst the chaos.

shri likes this.

The headliner pulled out due to an unrelated injury so there are probably only a few more straws that can be piled on. Still, I hope it goes ahead although I don't know if I would be able to enjoy it knowing people are being beaten outside.

MatthieuTofu, East_coast and shri like this.

Unfortunately I'm not here, otherwise would have loved to see babymetal to see what all the fuss i about

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Any word if this is still on?
    https://twitter.com/sumlokkei...97900454006784