Like Tree103Likes

Tear gas issues

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jago25_98:
    I think HK was a good place to live because instead of driving a car you walk everywhere and maybe that's why HK had the highest life expectancy.

I know the air pollution can be a problem....
    But for me personally my main other option is London and that's worse.

Dioxin aside I have a really healthy life here. I got to the beach regularly. Maybe it's full of plastic but isn't everywhere these days? At least it's warm enough to get in.

I only work 20 hours a week at the moment. I can work double the hours and get double the pay but I prefer to keep my hours low and do a better job when I do work. I find that rewarding and healthy and it's not something I can do anywhere else do to visa restrictions.

I know this is a very different situation to an office worker in central. It's all relative.
    The highest life expectancy : well I can tell you the post totally missed the main reason for this in their article a few weeks back on this topic : the boring reason is rigid control of cardiovascular risk factor on a captive population wide basis : Hong Kong government general practice lead the world in control of cholesterol blood pressure diabetes marker levels etc etc : key performance indicators here beat anywhere : captive largely compliant population 'free public healthcare 'computerised record and medical culture make this possible : so there are huge numbers of centenarians out there now : this sort of stuff is not exciting or visible to the public but it shows up in cardiovascular stat relatively to other countries which drive life expectancy figures :

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    The highest life expectancy : well I can tell you the post totally missed the main reason for this in their article a few weeks back on this topic : the boring reason is rigid control of cardiovascular risk factor on a captive population wide basis : Hong Kong government general practice lead the world in control of cholesterol blood pressure diabetes marker levels etc etc : key performance indicators here beat anywhere : captive largely compliant population 'free public healthcare 'computerised record and medical culture make this possible : so there are huge numbers of centenarians out there now : this sort of stuff is not exciting or visible to the public but it shows up in cardiovascular stat relatively to other countries which drive life expectancy figures :
    Actually, the high number of centenarians in different countries is probably linked to the quality of record-keeping of births 100 years ago.

This will apply to records not only of those born in Hong Kong but to the vast number of people born in China and who immigrated here.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/8/2075881...ns-fraud-error

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    Actually, the high number of centenarians in different countries is probably linked to the quality of record-keeping of births 100 years ago.

This will apply to records not only of those born in Hong Kong but to the vast number of people born in China and who immigrated here.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/8/2075881...ns-fraud-error
    Mate they are even older than we think : almost all of the oldies understated their age to get to Hong Kong long ago : that's why you see plenty of 50year plus old look like 70'because they are : that's why many records here have ' age plus x :as true age : so sorry to tell you : average age is actually underestimated
    shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

Cait is trying to estimate the effects of year gas on a species which is known to be highly seasonal and has an average lifespan between 2-6 weeks? Genius.

Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    A group of parents are calling on the government to release details of the chemical composition of the tear gas being used by police.

1. Organize a million person march (probably fail to move heart's in gov).
    2. Organize 2 million person march and then you may actually be heard.
    Absurd the hoops you need to jump through trying to get public health info.
    CharSiuNow and MatthieuTofu like this.

https://twitter.com/laurelcho...03727865679872

The useful information the police provide for our safety, while refusing to disclose the composition of the tear gas they are using...can anyone say, propaganda?
    Coolboy likes this.

AsianXpat0 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast