Like Tree332Likes

15/11 - Operation Dawn 5.0

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19

Quote Originally Posted by Hoista
    Agreed, unfortunately it's the elixir of youth that causes such short term planning. I think we were all like that durinf those ages.
    Ending up with a large group of people that the authorities force them to be unemployed, deprived of rights and well-being is not a sound policy for stability that the CCP always love to cherish.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Ending up with a large group of people that the authorities force them to be unemployed, deprived of rights and well-being is not a sound policy for stability that the CCP always love to cherish.
    As you stated it's not desirable to have populations of unemployment as it's correlated to social unrest and crime. I don't think they will be unemployed, just that they will have less opportunities compared to those who don't have a record.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoista
    As you stated it's not desirable to have populations of unemployment as it's correlated to social unrest and crime. I don't think they will be unemployed, just that they will have less opportunities compared to those who don't have a record.
    Meaning the bitterness and anger can potentially cross generations, their kids and so on. Cleaving society into a well-off "politically correct" and a poor "politically incorrect" populations does not sound smart to me in fostering social harmony (another stated virtue of the CCP), but I don't think the HK government ever thinks about long-term consequences of their action.
    MatthieuTofu and AsianXpat0 like this.

Was supposed to fly back last night but was told its better to arrive early in the morning so got my flights changed, landed 9.45am and into a taxi by 10.20am, smooth sailing from airport to chai wan through western tunnel, 40 min journey.

FECK should have just flown back last night, instead of waking up 3.30am to get a 6.15am flight back. Now Im super knackered.

And now that chuckster is back home, someone can safely start a new thread when there is news about the protests.

chuckster007 and spode like this.