View Poll Results: Which group is more likely to harm you?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Protesters

28 28.87%
  • The Police

64 65.98%
  • The Triads

31 31.96%
  • Vigilantes

11 11.34%
  • Traffic Accident caused by disruption

13 13.40%
  • The chances are so slim it is not sensible question

10 10.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree157Likes

Who do you fear in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Who do you fear in Hong Kong?

If you stay away from protest areas the chances are still very slim of getting into trouble but who do you fear you could be injured or harmed by?

Last edited by East_coast; 15-11-2019 at 07:06 AM.

For me it could be any of the above - if you discount the emotional injuries from the wit and sarcasm displayed by some of our posters.

Wrong place, wrong time.

Last edited by shri; 15-11-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    Hoista, tf19 and hongkong7 like this.

At this point, can the police and the triads still be distinguished? Or should they be lump into one category?

Mrs. Jones, Gatts and rs4 like this.

Should be multichoice, I would go for 1-5

hongkong7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Should be multichoice, I would go for 1-5
    I thought I fixed it and made it multichoice. And yes, that was my vote too.
    kimwy66 and hongkong7 like this.

You know, the funny thing is the institution I work for has connections with American universities. So, I suspect the international students are opting to go there in January and get away from the turmoil here. Students from the US are not allowed to study abroad here next semester.

Sometimes I ask myself, though, if they are really safer in the US than here. I know it seems upsetting here and things are going through an upheaval, but I think the statistical likelihood of getting seriously injured or killed are still much higher in America than here, what with all their guns, mass shootings, and reliance on roads (=fatal car accidents).

For me, I'm scared of getting caught up in tear gas and I'm scared I won't bite my tongue and move along when I should...

Traffic Accident caused by disruption
    Wasn't there a study saying that the removal of traffic barriers was actually making the roads safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    You know, the funny thing is the institution I work for has connections with American universities. So, I suspect the international students are opting to go there in January and get away from the turmoil here. Students from the US are not allowed to study abroad here next semester.

Sometimes I ask myself, though, if they are really safer in the US than here. I know it seems upsetting here and things are going through an upheaval, but I think the statistical likelihood of getting seriously injured or killed are still much higher in America than here, what with all their guns, mass shootings, and reliance on roads (=fatal car accidents).

For me, I'm scared of getting caught up in tear gas and I'm scared I won't bite my tongue and move along when I should...
    Valid point. From a crime standpoint, HK is still much safer than comparable US cities. The lack of guns, less reliance on car transport and fewer muggings and so on, makes HK, even in it's current crisis, far safer than many large US cities.

And the part about US university students not being allowed to study in HK, I am not sure if safety is really the real reason, might have to do with politics there.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Oh I didnt' realise it was multi choice. My answer is "police" but actually the chances of anything happening are objectively still very slim so I voted for the last one.

William06 and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Wasn't there a study saying that the removal of traffic barriers was actually making the roads safer.
    The destruction of traffic lights isn't. I had a near miss yesterday near the ground zero carpark in TKO, when a taxi angry that he couldn't go down the road swerved & put his foot on the accelerator through the non-lights.
    shri, jgl and hongkong7 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast