Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By East_coast

Well Done HK Gov - My coffee will be a little warmer

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,672

    Well Done HK Gov - My coffee will be a little warmer

    I am sure I am not alone in sending the office administrative assistant to go and get coffee (mine is skinny milk added until Pantone 2322C is reached)



    On the way back they would call at the parking meter where my car is parked and add another 2 hours. This detour and a wait of a few minutes to optimise the previously paid fees would result in my coffee cooling down a little.

    Problem no more

    The Government will spend billions on new parking meters and in the future there will be a parking meter APP that the office Administrative Assistant can use to top up my parking meter. Such a caring government solving all the social ills.

    https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2019/11/...ml?type=ticker

    Legco still rubber stamping stupid legislation from the Government.

    Last edited by East_coast; 15-11-2019 at 03:55 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong side
    Posts
    1,167

    I was thinking something similar about. Wasting our tax money on dumb stuff .while I was actually stuck at lowu the other day .
    They spent a freaking fortune on the zuhoi bridge to nowhere when even this stupid gwailo knows most Hong Kong want lo wu single track crossing sorted: tunnel under over or around it : of course they never did and now they never will .
    Sorry 'getting myself wound up now on pet topic


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    I am sure I am not alone in sending the office administrative assistant to go and get coffee (mine is skinny milk added until Pantone 2322C is reached)



    On the way back they would call at the parking meter where my car is parked and add another 2 hours. This detour and a wait of a few minutes to optimise the previously paid fees would result in my coffee cooling down a little.

    Problem no more

    The Government will spend billions on new parking meters and in the future there will be a parking meter APP that the office Administrative Assistant can use to top up my parking meter. Such a caring government solving all the social ills.

    https://www.news.gov.hk/eng/2019/11/...ml?type=ticker

    Legco still rubber stamping stupid legislation from the Government.
    Lol, that's completely opposed to what time limited parking is supposed to do, allowing more than one user to go about their short time business. They should install sensors like in Shenzhen and automatically fine you if you are over the allotted time.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Lol, that's completely opposed to what time limited parking is supposed to do, allowing more than one user to go about their short time business. They should install sensors like in Shenzhen and automatically fine you if you are over the allotted time.
    Does HK have a no-return rule - as in once your 2 hours are up you can't return to the same spot, regardless of having time on the meter?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Does HK have a no-return rule - as in once your 2 hours are up you can't return to the same spot, regardless of having time on the meter?
    No, you don't even have to leave, just add more money to the meter and you are good to go. HK government doesn't do common sense.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,672
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Does HK have a no-return rule - as in once your 2 hours are up you can't return to the same spot, regardless of having time on the meter?
    The rubber stamp that is now legco just voted to allow you to add more money remotely via an APP. A terrible law by from a clueless administration and endorsed by a pointless legislature. Having a non-functioning legislative branch makes the executive branch lazy and stupid.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    No, you don't even have to leave, just add more money to the meter and you are good to go. HK government doesn't do common sense.

    Well then. At least you don't have to fear the dreaded chalkmark on your tyre as you head back to your car, although I guess they have more sophisticated ways of monitoring it these days.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    The rubber stamp that is now legco just voted to allow you to add more money remotely via an APP. A terrible law by from a clueless administration and endorsed by a pointless legislature. Having a non-functioning legislative branch makes the executive branch lazy and stupid.
    Of course, this is what you can expect from our government. Build multi-billion white elephants like the Macau bridge which hardly anyone is allowed to use while neglecting the things that matter most to the average citizen (i.e. affordable housing). That is your tax dollar at work.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ??
    Posts
    16,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Of course, this is what you can expect from our government. Build multi-billion white elephants like the Macau bridge which hardly anyone is allowed to use while neglecting the things that matter most to the average citizen (i.e. affordable housing). That is your tax dollar at work.
    A plutocratic system doesn't work in a pluralistic society. A functioning LegCo is needed and should be the first step to close the divide with protesters.