Operation Dawn: success?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MatthieuTofu likes this.

#firstworld problems due to dawn.

https://twitter.com/hongkongharv/sta...747502081?s=19

junichitsuyo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Any celebration of success should also note that it came at the cost of 1 shooting resulting in the loss of a kidney and part of a liver for a 22 yr old, a 57 yr old father of 2 in critical condition with burns, a 70 yr old dead from head wounds sustained by being hit by a brick, a 15 yr old in critical condition after being hit on the head with a teargas canister, a death by falling of of an unknown 30 yr old. And of course was started when Alex Chow passed away.

RIP to those who lost their lives, a wish for the best recovery possible for those injured.
    Yes, one has to have a very different view to call this ‘successful’.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Sorry @shri, I disagree.

This protest affected what I will label the poor.

The whole point of the protest was to gain the attention of those in control, or the rich. I don't think it has touched them.

Having dinner parties with my HK Island folk, things were as norm. Some brief discussions mostly about China's view of the protests. Nothing more.

To abuse all of the working folk to send a message seems a big waste, but by all means go ahead.
    I think you are correct. For the top of the elite the language from the government suggests the district council elections will be cancelled. Legco has been stripped of any meaningful power and the police target their political opponents. 'They' have nothing to fear. Let's start draining HK reserves and build that un-needed Island or what ever inept scheme they have I suspect should be the topic of conversation.

Or it could be that the protests are too much of a divisive topic to talk about with strangers. No one wants it to end in a heated argument.
    Last edited by East_coast; 17-11-2019 at 06:54 AM.