Like Tree474Likes

Nov 19-23 - Protest News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26
    Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    I hope the murdered girl's family don't read that.
    I hope they will and I think they will understand at some level.

All this is because China:
    - has no proper judicial process
    - insists that Taiwan is China, which it is patently not.

China is that bully that says "that's mine", "because I said so". I feel extremely sorry for the family of the girl and for the family of other victioms, past and future, and yes that is a tough price to pay. But the bill would have put thousands of people right here in HK at risk.

Mind you, with Chris Tang in charge they don't need an extradition bill anymore, as we have seen the past weeks. They will just ship any amounts of people in the trains to the concentration camps from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    I hope they will and I think they will understand at some level.

All this is because China:
    - has no proper judicial process
    - insists that Taiwan is China, which it is patently not.

China is that bully that says "that's mine", "because I said so". I feel extremely sorry for the family of the girl and for the family of other victioms, past and future, and yes that is a tough price to pay. But the bill would have put thousands of people right here in HK at risk.

Mind you, with Chris Tang in charge they don't need an extradition bill anymore, as we have seen the past weeks. They will just ship any amounts of people in the trains to the concentration camps from now on.
    It could have been resolved, the guy volunteered to fly to Taiwan to be arrested, but it got caught up in political fuckery.
    CharSiuNow and Pauljoecoe like this.

The Philippines has serious human rights violations, no one protests that HK. has an extradition treaty with them.
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/06/24/...pines-killings

"The Philippines’ descent into an all-out human rights crisis, with thousands of extrajudicial executions and a crackdown on basic liberties, has generated an outcry, but no strong action, from United Nations members states. The killings started soon after Duterte took office in June 2016 and continue to this day. The police insist that those killed were drug dealers and users resisting arrest, but there have been countless credible reports of the police and their agents planting guns and drugs on victims’ bodies to justify their execution-style killings.In March 2019, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights said that an estimated 27,000 people had been killed, with no one brought to justice except for in one high-profile case. The police deny this figure but do admit to killing more than 6,600 people, only underscoring the need for serious investigations, which the government has unsurprisingly been unwilling to undertake."

Indonesia has an extradition treaty with Hong Kong too!
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries...fic/indonesia/
    "Indonesia failed to address past human rights violations. The rights to freedom of expression, of peaceful assembly and of association continued to be arbitrarily restricted. Blasphemy provisions were used to imprison those who peacefully exercised their rights to freedom of religion and belief. At least 30 prisoners of conscience remained in detention for peacefully exercising their rights to freedom of expression or of religion and belief. The security forces carried out unlawful killings and used excessive force during protests and security operations. Two men were caned in public in Aceh after being convicted by a local Shari’a court of same-sex consensual sexual relations."

But sure, cherry pick China.

Last edited by angeluscomplex; 27-11-2019 at 09:58 PM.

The Philippines has serious human rights violations, no one protests that HK. has an extradition treaty with them.

"The Philippines’ descent into an all-out human rights crisis, with thousands of extrajudicial executions and a crackdown on basic liberties, has generated an outcry, but no strong action, from United Nations members states. The killings started soon after Duterte took office in June 2016 and continue to this day. The police insist that those killed were drug dealers and users resisting arrest, but there have been countless credible reports of the police and their agents planting guns and drugs on victims’ bodies to justify their execution-style killings.In March 2019, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights said that an estimated 27,000 people had been killed, with no one brought to justice except for in one high-profile case. The police deny this figure but do admit to killing more than 6,600 people, only underscoring the need for serious investigations, which the government has unsurprisingly been unwilling to undertake."

"Indonesia failed to address past human rights violations. The rights to freedom of expression, of peaceful assembly and of association continued to be arbitrarily restricted. Blasphemy provisions were used to imprison those who peacefully exercised their rights to freedom of religion and belief. At least 30 prisoners of conscience remained in detention for peacefully exercising their rights to freedom of expression or of religion and belief. The security forces carried out unlawful killings and used excessive force during protests and security operations. Two men were caned in public in Aceh after being convicted by a local Shari’a court of same-sex consensual sexual relations."

Is it really cherry-picking when you can’t tell your boss he’s naked?

Carrie Lam can choose to refuse an extradition to the Philippines. She might not be able to do the same with China, because well, who is her boss already?
    Gatts and junichitsuyo like this.

Why do you think that is so?