Like Tree105Likes

Jasper Tsang's proposals: amnesty

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    his interview with HKFP seems to suggest otherwise, I am not saying that I trust him throughout, nearly all politician (on all sides) have their own hidden agenda as far as i aware, he stated that the balance act between central gov and people of HK which he serves, which is big contrast to Ms Incompenet, stubborn like a mule and shoe licking Ms Lam.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/11/1...ongs-struggle/
    The thing is, like the pro-democrats, the pro-establishment camp is also rivened with internal divisions and power struggles. There is no love lost between the pro-business end of the camp, like the Liberal Party, and the more pro-union/working class end of the camp that Tsang and his brother originally belong. Only the HK government, and above that the Liasion Office and Beijing, holds the pro-establishment camp together through it's directives and instructions on how to vote in Legco, etc. Some in the pro-establishment camp have a little more leeway to stake out an independent position while others are under the direct control of the CCP and must follow their orders to the letter.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 19-11-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    hongkong7, MatthieuTofu and Gatts like this.

Or has Tsang mellowed in old age?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Or has Tsang mellowed in old age?
    Just cannier. Proper politician understands how to cultivate his image, unlike the plutocratic or bureaucratic employees.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    his interview with HKFP seems to suggest otherwise, I am not saying that I trust him throughout, nearly all politician (on all sides) have their own hidden agenda as far as i aware, he stated that the balance act between central gov and people of HK which he serves, which is big contrast to Ms Incompenet, stubborn like a mule and shoe licking Ms Lam.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/11/1...ongs-struggle/
    It is not about all politicians, what Tsang and Lam have in common is blind obedience to Beijing, with Tsang's track record of doing so stretching much longer in time then Lam even. Besides the fact that Tsang is much better in words and ways of expressing Beijing's will doesn't make the truth any different.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5