View Poll Results: When do you believe the violence and social unrest in HK will end?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • When the general population gets tired of daily work and life disruption.

20 20.83%
  • When "all the radicals" are arrested.

4 4.17%
  • When the PLA restores "order."

11 11.46%
  • When some tragic event happens to wake everyone up to compromise.

12 12.50%
  • When the economy goes into depression and housing prices drop by 80%

3 3.13%
  • When the government "reforms" the police force.

4 4.17%
  • When the government gives in to all five demands.

6 6.25%
  • When 2047 comes around.

3 3.13%
  • It will never end. This is HK forever going forward.

33 34.38%
Like Tree61Likes

When do you believe the violence and social unrest in HK will end?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question When do you believe the violence and social unrest in HK will end?

What is your prediction for when current crisis will end?

Hi,

Could you add another choice? Something to the effect that a new CE comes to power (after Lam resigns)? I think nothing happens until Carrie goes as she is a total do-nothing head-in-the-sand ostrich.

Of course, the new CE needs to have some measure of leadership skills to defuse the current situation but, seriously, I feel like almost anyone is an improvement over Lam at this point.

NPC & CPPCC Annual Sessions for 2020 will take place at early March..

Carrie Lam is likely to announce her resignation within that time frame..

The end will happen ...... not in the near future, especially with ( how stupid are some politicians ) the rumblings of not having the local elections.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Hi,

Could you add another choice? Something to the effect that a new CE comes to power (after Lam resigns)? I think nothing happens until Carrie goes as she is a total do-nothing head-in-the-sand ostrich.

Of course, the new CE needs to have some measure of leadership skills to defuse the current situation but, seriously, I feel like almost anyone is an improvement over Lam at this point.
    I think Shri needs to add that. I'm not able to edit the poll after first submission. If I can, then it's not obvious to me how to do it.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    The current anti-government protests are an extension of the 2014 Hong Kong protests.

When the current protests end, the next one (which may happen a few years from now) will be much bigger than the current ones.

God Save Hong Kong.
    junichitsuyo, Coolboy and ramelec like this.

I would guess a slowdown will come when some medium- to long-term effects appear. Economic downturn leading to job losses, inability to return to school or university if they continue disrupting campuses - this will make people think about alternative methods.

There will always be unrest until the ultimate recession hits and resets everything allowing a fair land grab for assets - this is a riot too!

Do not for a second think that normal people out there do not harbour strong resentment about the broken lives they live.

We take comfortable lives for granted and no longer have empathy for others.

Coolboy and Skyhook like this.

If they has abandoned hypocrisy and brought in the troops much earlier, there might have been much resentment, but a steady decline might have been managed.

Now unless they give in to the 5 demands in one form or another, which doesn’t look likely at all, it’s just going to become Northern Ireland whether or not they bring the troops in.

David4Maths likes this.

No end to this without a political situation, and under the CCP that is not possible. The unrest will likely flare then smoulder for a time, but it isn't going away any time soon sadly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast