Like Tree29Likes

CY Leung at the FCC

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    probably unlikely, it's possible he would not be a coward like Ms Lam and he would not avoid the issue for weeks and go into hiding.
    He literally went into hiding during occupy, and eventually emerging with the same "foreign forces" line as the current administration, people are still waiting on proof of his absurd 2014 claims.
    Coolboy and MatthieuTofu like this.

This was an interesting part of the Q&A....

https://twitter.com/damon_pang/statu...27610513321984

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    He literally went into hiding during occupy, and eventually emerging with the same "foreign forces" line as the current administration, people are still waiting on proof of his absurd 2014 claims.
    In terms of political stance, I don't think he is any different to Lam or most of the pro-establishment. He is smarter though in how to strategize politics, in the tactics he adopt or not adopt. Lam is pretty stupid in this area, her mentality is my-way-or-the-highway, she does not comprehend which way the political wind blows. Heck, she does not know how to play politics, period. CY Leung is a bit more clever in this regard. He is willy and crafty. He can counter his opponents on occasions. He knows how to play political chess. And the pro-democrats regard him as a more dangerous enemy.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    In terms of political stance, I don't think he is any different to Lam or most of the pro-establishment. He is smarter though in how to strategize politics, in the tactics he adopt or not adopt. Lam is pretty stupid in this area, her mentality is my-way-or-the-highway, she does not comprehend which way the political wind blows. Heck, she does not know how to play politics, period. CY Leung is a bit more clever in this regard. He is willy and crafty. He can counter his opponents on occasions. He knows how to play political chess. And the pro-democrats regard him as a more dangerous enemy.
    Sure but aren't we just fooling us to think that Lam & Leung were ever truly in charge?
    Coolboy and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Sure but aren't we just fooling us to think that Lam & Leung were ever truly in charge?
    One gives you an illusion of him being in charge, the other utterly fails even at that.
    Gatts and MatthieuTofu like this.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    They're hugely different. LCY is a true believer, dyed in the wool. He might not believe everything he sprouts but he does believe in Chinese nationalism and the CPCs anointed role in bringing the motherland back to former glory.
    Carrie Lam is a civil service automaton, and if suddenly the Brits were back in charge she'd be perfectly happy to serve as the new governor, as long as the domestics make sure she never has to shop for toilet paper again.
    AsianXpat0 and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    They're hugely different. LCY is a true believer, dyed in the wool. He might not believe everything he sprouts but he does believe in Chinese nationalism and the CPCs anointed role in bringing the motherland back to former glory.
    Carrie Lam is a civil service automaton, and if suddenly the Brits were back in charge she'd be perfectly happy to serve as the new governor, as long as the domestics make sure she never has to shop for toilet paper again.
    Not as much of a political difference now, is there? One obeys because he is a true believer. The other obeys because she was trained to follow orders like a dog without questions. It's the practical effect that might be a little different though. Leung might find a more backhanded or devious way to pass the extradition bill without incurring the wrath of the public. I'm not saying that is possible, but it certainly would be the way he would try and go about it. Lam on the other hand, does not listen to anyone but her own voice. She would ram things through oblivious to the consequences.
    hongkong7 likes this.