Like Tree464Likes

Nov 25 - Election Results & Protests

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah. When I saw a 4 a.m update on SCMP about his loss, I'd never been so happier. I was like "Okay, this Genius shit is out. Now, nothing else matters in this universe". (I hate this guy that much).

Original Post Deleted

I doubt a 2mil march would receive letter of no objection, hence it wont happen.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    I doubt a 2mil march would receive letter of no objection, hence it wont happen.
    LONO pending for a Thanksgiving March.
    TheBrit, MatthieuTofu and spode like this.

CL’s exit has hopefully been brought forward by this. The people have spoken

Is there any big picture message to the powers that be other than the obvious. If you want peace in HK give people their right to democratically choose their leaders. Haven’t had a more peaceful week in months.

AsianXpat0, Baklava and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Sitting back and taking stock is absolutely not what they ought to do, IMHO. They've powered through these months without doing much of that. Who needs leaders if there is a social conscience?

Is there a place to look at the overall vote split?

Edit: Never mind I found it. 57% to 41%. Not quite the one sided affair that the first-past-the-post results would indicate.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Is there a place to look at the overall vote split?

Edit: Never mind I found it. 57% to 41%. Not quite the one sided affair that the first-past-the-post results would indicate.
    Keep in mind there is a builtin tilt towards Beijing with all the newly imported Chinese voters instructed how to vote, granny wheeled to the poll station with a note on her hand, etc.

I actually have no data on how many of the beijing votes are of the above, but im sure its not a insignificant % because why otherwise do it ...
    Gatts, tinlissie and Mrs. Jones like this.

Original Post Deleted
    That translates to me as democracy only works if you voted the same way as I did. I see parallels there with the Brexit referendum.

The point is that the majority have spoken and i would urge protestors to sit back for a couple of days and take stock. Pro-democracy massively has the upper hand today. It’s the turn of the authorities to play the next chess piece.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    In summary except for Starry Lee...
    We can't wipe that smug look off her face.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast