Like Tree23Likes

Does Beijing really have no clue about HK people?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is the longer quotation from?

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow
    Welcome to Dictatorship 101.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by hike
    What is the longer quotation from?
    https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/572...to-my-question
    Skyhook, hike and Coolboy like this.

I wonder if Carrie Lam has ever read 1984...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    I wonder if Carrie Lam has ever read 1984...
    I'm sure Xi Jinping has - but he's mistaken it for a handbook. I suppose it's on his shelf wedged between Machiavelli and A Clockwork Orange.

I'm sure Xi Jinping has - but he's mistaken it for a handbook. I suppose it's on his shelf wedged between Machiavelli and A Clockwork Orange.
    The future vision is probably more like in The Handmate's Tale. Over the border is already quite close.

Back to the question: Does Beijing really have no clue about HK people?

Everything they know they get from their own propaganda. So, no, they have no clue.
    CharSiuNow and Paxbritannia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    Everything they know they get from their own propaganda.
    The three golden rules of show business: don't laugh at your own jokes, don't smoke your own stuff, and don't believe your own lies.
    Coolboy likes this.

And why are they so clueless?

Put yourself in the shoes of a Party cadre-flunky tasked to write a report on Hongkongers and their objectives. If the flunky goes for an objective and intelligent analysis without resorting to using only Maoist/Stalinist lingo and concepts he (they're invariably males) can expect to be sent to re-education for possessing counter-revolutionary thoughts!

The only arguments speaking for CCP's dictatorship vs liberal Hongkongers managing their own affairs are based on ignorance, sycophancy/greed or fear.

It is simply impossible to write a factual report that flatters the CCP with Xi Dada (and his thoughts) at its helm; therefore such factual reports will never be written.

The ignorant Party bosses should know this and therefore have only themselves to blame for not turning to reports by independent third parties or Hong Kong academics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2