Like Tree735Likes

Jan 2020 - Protest News and Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Coolboy likes this.

MatthieuTofu and Mefisto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Could you tell me where in SSP. I already have a normal version of the LIHKG pig (I think that's the actual name) but a CNY version would be awesome.
    So here is a pic, not a very good pic- the LIHKG pig is cuter in real life. I got off at the Golden Arcade exit and walked up the street towards a section where there was a TON of Chinese New Year stuff- it's all in one section of street, you will know when you are there, the whole street is New Year's. Didn't really look at street names, the stores also sell toys and stuffed animals- maybe 5 or 6 shops have Pepes and LIHKG pigs dressed up in Chinese clothes, most are 80 dollars, one store selling for 120. I went back today because I had to leave early yesterday, I bought a regular Pepe and a some New Year's stuff for the office. Sorry, didn't see your message until after I left or I would have written down the street name. Pretty sure it's the same section that sells tons of Christmas decorations as well.

mrgoodkat and MatthieuTofu like this.

AsianXpat0 and William06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Watson’s, the flagship retail brand of tycoon Li Ka-shing’s CK Hutchinson Holdings, “sponsored” 20 boxes of honey pear drink to Lung Mun Cafe, one of the most prominent pro-protest restaurant.
    Protecting his business interests, smart.

You don't get to become a billionaire by being stupid....

Quote Originally Posted by eIIe
    China names new representative in HK, but what next?

Although the decision to replace Wang may have been made in November, the choice of his successor seems to have been a last-minute decision. Luo turned 65 in October, the normal retirement age, and on Dec. 28 – seven days before his appointment as director of the Liaison Office – he was named vice chairman of the Financial and Economic Affairs Committee of the National People’s Congress, a position often held by retired officials.
    Question: What happened between Dec. 28 and Jan. 4? Answer: The New Year’s Day protest, which organizers reported was bigger than the June 9, 2019 march. That, following the unexpected electoral upset in late November, may have shocked Beijing into immediate action to relieve Wang of his post.
    Interesting speculation. While I have reservations about this hypothesis given the Reuters report foreshadowing changes at the Liaison Office, if there is any truth to the idea, not only did the New Year's Day march turnout not fit their narrative and require police interference, it may have prompted an actual change. Well done to the participants of the protest (and of course voters too)!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi
    You don't get to become a billionaire by being stupid....

A 17-year-old student has been allowed to return to Britain to resume his studies after he allegedly damaged a wall at the MTR Prince Edward station on New Year's Eve.

Teen facing charge allowed to resume UK studies | The Standard

AsianXpat0 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast