Like Tree28Likes

Recent transport downgauges

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,242

  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,242

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Some ferry departures from Central to Ma Wan replaced by buses (same bus stop locations as the night bus)
    I can see Ma Wan management grinning through this announcement... how pleased they must be now with an excuse to replace a loss making ferry with lower cost busses. Sure... let's stick people in a more confined space with fewer seats instead. Perfect solution!

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Greghouse
    It's the least the government could do considering how much the government abuses the taxi sector for political patronage and support.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker
    I can see Ma Wan management grinning through this announcement... how pleased they must be now with an excuse to replace a loss making ferry with lower cost busses. Sure... let's stick people in a more confined space with fewer seats instead. Perfect solution!
    District Councillors objected and the ferries are back. Buses were very packed...

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    758

    Appears that Air Asia not flying to Chiang Mai, Thailand, but exact dates of 'flight unavailable' are not given.
    Why don't they simply make an announcement that between such dates flights cancelled? But no, keep the news hidden.
    Probably also other flights thruout Asia also 'unavailable' but you will need to process the online booking to learn this.


  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,422

    Korea Air won't refund tickets to people too scared to fly to Korea- but WILL refund tickets to China, HK...(probably because HK isn't going to let them come...).

    https://us.yahoo.com/news/korean-air...092307018.html

    MatthieuTofu likes this.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,242

    Reduced MTR service from today
    https://checkfare.swiftzer.net/wp/TPHotm-en

    On the upside, KMB is strengthening bus services to Sai Kung this weekend.


  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Reduced MTR service from today
    https://checkfare.swiftzer.net/wp/TPHotm-en

    On the upside, KMB is strengthening bus services to Sai Kung this weekend.
    Excellent, lets make sure trains are full of people in an epidemic, before sending out an empty one.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Excellent, lets make sure trains are full of people in an epidemic, before sending out an empty one.
    MTR has the best of both worlds as always.
    During the protests: "We can close stations sorry we're government owned"
    Now: "Have to reduce service due to less passengers so less revenue... social distancing not my problem"

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4