Like Tree43Likes

Education Bureau slammed for allowing Hong Kong’s private schools to charge millions for priority enrolment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK
    Wow,.. just wow
    Many schools if not most private schools have these expensive debentures - they're severely limited. Usually bought by large corporations who want to secure spaces for top level executives.

Quite often when a national school is setup (german / french / Indian ... whatever) - corporations will donate cash towards the building of the school etc and secure spaces for their staff.

They're not mandatory...

Some second hand prices...

Noblesse Membership Service Limited

All I am saying is that there is a need for a debenture based system. What is wrong is when they're mandatory and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    All I am saying is that there is a need for a debenture based system. What is wrong is when they're mandatory and expensive
    Agree - if I were in charge there would only be corporate debentures. If individual debentures are needed they should be at least 80% refundable. And refundable means just that - not the convoluted terms where it's actually the school "reselling" your debenture to a new family and taking a massive cut as an "admin fee."

Annual capital levies if charged must be regulated as tuition fees are so that they cannot rise more than x% per year. Otherwise it's impossible for families to budget for school year to year.
    Coolboy likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4