View Poll Results: How to prevent Wuhan flu from spreading in Hong Kong?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suspend all flights from Wuhan

15 36.59%
  • Suspend all flights from China

15 36.59%
  • Suspend all XLR trains from entering Hong Kong

16 39.02%
  • Suspend Lowu MTR station

14 34.15%
  • Suspend Lo Ma Chau MTR Station

14 34.15%
  • Suspend all in-bound buses from China

15 36.59%
  • Issue Black Outbound Travel Alert against Wuhan

16 39.02%
  • Issue Black Outbound Travel Alert against China

12 29.27%
  • Lockdown like Wuhan

4 9.76%
  • Ban all foreign tourists like North Korea

4 9.76%
  • Some of the above

8 19.51%
  • Most of the above

8 19.51%
  • All of the above

8 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree190Likes

How to prevent Wuhan flu from spreading in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Wrong ward

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ials-apologise

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    Yes, tried to attach but no luck...a friend sent me a very good one.

Name:  i2pcw165lvc41.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  75.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    If your children play only with sterilized toys , their immune systems would be significantly weaken.
    If the only end result would be to strengthen immune systems, then fine. However, not every parent with a blatantly sick child keeps them at home. Tuition and language centres are expensive creches and these sick children play with toys shared with other children some of whom are not old enough to be vaccinated/are allergic to the vaccines's components etc. It's also typically why children shouldn't play with toys in doctors' surgeries. I am not suggesting that children are completely isolated within Dettol bubbles all hours of their lives, but it's about not exposing to unnecessary threats where and if possible. That's why schools are on lock-down. Having said all of that, I used to teach at a home of a family the mother of which clearly used NEAT Detoll throughout the whole flat. IT REEKED.

Have you seen those stupid pendant devices that claim to cleanse the air around a certain radius of your body?

Baklava and AsianXpat0 like this.

Experience leaving HK - I'd checked in online and only had hand luggage. The main hold up was actually getting into the airport terminal where everyone had to show some type of flight details. I had my and my partner's boarding pass on my phone. The 'security' guy had a cursory look and let us through. Security check and immigration was as efficient bad normal.

On arrival in Taiwan - there were strict temperature checks for all passengers upon leaving the plane and going into the terminal. Everyone had to complete a health check form - if you left out details you were sent back.

My suggestion - if there are going to be checks before entering the HK airport terminal, they should be temperature and health checks.

CharSiuNow likes this.

[Researchers at Lancaster] estimated that the central Chinese city of Wuhan where the outbreak began in December will alone have around 190,000 cases of infection by Feb. 4., and that “infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent.”
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZO0QW

Hong Kong needs to close all borders today; end of discussion.
    hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Experience leaving HK - I'd checked in online and only had hand luggage. The main hold up was actually getting into the airport terminal where everyone had to show some type of flight details. I had my and my partner's boarding pass on my phone. The 'security' guy had a cursory look and let us through. Security check and immigration was as efficient bad normal.

On arrival in Taiwan - there were strict temperature checks for all passengers upon leaving the plane and going into the terminal. Everyone had to complete a health check form - if you left out details you were sent back.

My suggestion - if there are going to be checks before entering the HK airport terminal, they should be temperature and health checks.
    More afraid of protesters than things that actually kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    Hong Kong needs to close all borders today; end of discussion.
    No we don't; no it isn't. Travel bans are not effective; health checks are.

The main thing HK needs to do is communicate.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-information/

Quote Originally Posted by CharSiuNow:
    No we don't; no it isn't. Travel bans are not effective; health checks are.

The main thing HK needs to do is communicate.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...s-information/
    How so? How are travel bans not effective?

Health checks - yes, it's absolutely important. For that, you'll have to station manpower (doctors/nurses/aides) at all the vulnerable checkpoints/borders so that the "carrier" cannot make his/her way into the city (and spread the virus).But for how long? It'd be costly and exhausting in the long run.

Also, the current Wuhan and Hubei bans (by the lousy af gov't) do not suffice as preventive measures or whatever so it is intended to be. I second the opinion of @nivek2046 .All the borders should be closed. The "why and how" will generate a debate - each to their own - so, all I want to say with all my might is CLOSE ALL THE BORDERS before it's too late..

Alternately, we could just watch people cross the border back and forth bringing in sh***load of viruses.
    Last edited by hannah01; 26-01-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast