Like Tree1425Likes

Jan 26 - Feb 1: Wuhan Virus News

Closed Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 58 63 64 65 66
    Original Post Deleted
    I came back on Saturday and their was someone randomly checking temperatures at HKIA. But never saw any forms to fill or anyone asking about where you've been.

The high speed train station is super strict with forms, you have to fill in one on the China side and one on the HK side. No dodging them.

As most flights from China are cancelled now, I guess screening at HKIA is less important than screening at land entry points?

Original Post Deleted
    Isn’t it Clusterfuck?

A bit like the disjointed situation we have going on between different countries and the counterviews of WHO. I don’t understand why the Asian leaders aren’t holding a joint summit. As for the UN, yet again ineffective

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Darn. I was meant to be going to a conference there in Feb....
    and then un-bans https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...1-20200201.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    “HK officials had to explain to their Vietnamese counterparts that they were actually doing something” - My take
    https://twitter.com/aaronmcn/status/...447808512?s=21
    A German statistical model of global airport exposure. HKG is in the top-3! Of course, it's a major China hub. 2019-nCoV Analysis | 2019-nCoV Analytics

AsianXpat0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    I understand you. Rest assured you need not fear in this particular case, in my opinion, although you are certainly right about the synchronised tankie/wumao account proliferation on Twitter.

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/ezracheun...43206509711361

If your alarms aren’t going off yet, they should be.
    Is it possible he caught it in Shenzhen? Maybe only a few hours is all it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Is it possible he caught it in Shenzhen? Maybe only a few hours is all it takes.
    It's not the fucking Zombie apocalypse. I'm still maintaining that you have a higher chance catching it in HK, there are certainly way less people out and about in Shenzhen. The whole city has a very "28 days later" feel to it and they have temperature checkpoints literally everywhere, every highway exit, every residential community entrance, every office building. Going from HK to our Shenzhen office will get you checked 3 times. Once at China customs when entering, once when leaving the highway, once when entering the industrial estate where our office is located. The highway toll exits are restricted to two lanes only, with police and staff in hazmat suits. On the way back it's once at the highway exit, once at China customs when leaving and once at HK border when arriving. They will check every passenger on all buses and have checkpoints before entering the MTR. Way more strict than in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    It's not the fucking Zombie apocalypse. I'm still maintaining that you have a higher chance catching it in HK, there are certainly way less people out and about in Shenzhen.
    But you got no evidence to back that up, only your hunch. It's random chance perhaps, that fellow was unfortunate enough to be just happen to be in close proximity to someone infected in Shenzhen.