Like Tree28Likes

Your work arrangement during the outbreak

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Got email this afternoon from HR that all staff to work from home till Feb 3rd. FECK!!!!! i applied AL for these 3 days, will have to go cancel it when I get back to office LOL

civil_servant, shri and AsianXpat0 like this.

We need to go back to office tomorrow. Only those who traveled to China will have to stay away for 14 days. Not amused!

WFH for the next 4 weeks.

Told all our staff to work remotely from home until further notice. If the government is officially recommending this as a precaution, as an employer I have to ensure that the risks to staff are minimised.

AsianXpat0, spode and mexmon like this.

Same message here
    guess Ima wake up early tomorrow again

We have 400+ staff. All staff are work from home until 2nd Feb.
    All travel to China stopped until further notice.... this will hit us hard as we are a consulting service and at any given time, we have at least 200 staff travelling

Travel to other countries need approval from specific Head of HR. Right now all secretary and admin have been told they cannot book any tickets for train, boat, plane, car.

Special work arrangement for the government:
    https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...htm?fontSize=1

Till further notice: WFH for HK staff, although, the office is open for those who don't have "home office space". Own recognition for China offices, with absolutely no travel to the virus areas, quarantine for those who went there earlier. No Asia travel for US and EU staff

Wandered into our office today (dedicated office in a co-work space) and there is NO ONE around. Which is normal on our floor throughout the year - a few people wander in during the day, work for a bit and leave

No matter how hard I try, far too many distractions at home. The couch is waaay too comfortable and with a voice controlled Fire TV thingy.. I don't even have to get up to look for the remote.

Might get a few lines of overdue code written and wander back home in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Wandered into our office today (dedicated office in a co-work space) and there is NO ONE around. Which is normal on our floor throughout the year - a few people wander in during the day, work for a bit and leave

No matter how hard I try, far too many distractions at home. The couch is waaay too comfortable and with a voice controlled Fire TV thingy.. I don't even have to get up to look for the remote.

Might get a few lines of overdue code written and wander back home in a bit.
    Could spend some time fixing the mobile app?

We have a voluntary WFH policy so those who want to can. Seems its about a 50% take up (I'm in the office today).
    shri likes this.