View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

0 0%
  • Between two to four

5 6.10%
  • One each day

31 37.80%
  • One every other day

21 25.61%
  • I do not wear mask

25 30.49%
Like Tree894Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Makes sense doesn't it? I don't see why the government should provide everyone with masks, their usefulness is dubious at best. They just have to make sure their supply is enough for the public hospitals.
    Public health considerations? Given that masks stop water droplets and this research from Shanghai came in today. Washing your hands won't stop you from inhaling droplets from someone shouting on their phone on the MTR.
    https://twitter.com/WilliamYang120/s...51848068448256
    https://twitter.com/WilliamYang120/s...52403062902786
    balancedequatio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Public health considerations? Given that masks stop water droplets and this research from Shanghai came in today. Washing your hands won't stop you from inhaling droplets from someone shouting on their phone on the MTR.
    Well, if you are afraid of catching the virus on the MTR, you can always stay at home instead. Next people are demanding the government ensure an ample supply of toilet paper.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Well, if you are afraid of catching the virus on the MTR, you can always stay at home instead. Next people are demanding the government ensure an ample supply of toilet paper.
    One potentially stops the disease from spreading, the other one not so much. Apples vs oranges very much?

Also, some people can't just WFH like you. Think contracted cleaners and such...
    balancedequatio likes this.

read that it made in Wuhan which might deter buyers

MABinPengChau likes this.

The tiny supermarket nearby home keeps restocking various tissues twice everyday but people keep emptying the shelves within an hour. So yesterday I needed to queue up there to buy toilet and kitchen tissues. Let's see how long people can continue stocking up tissue papers in their homes.

These people are crazy -

Last edited by james_hklocal; 09-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    One potentially stops the disease from spreading, the other one not so much. Apples vs oranges very much?

Also, some people can't just WFH like you. Think contracted cleaners and such...
    Essential services - including cleaning should be covered. If it is not, shame on the govt. Also, if the govt gave a shit, they would cover NGO and other welfare sectors and their clients - elderly and poor and in bad health.

The govt has no real need or obligation and neither do I expect, to cover me.

No clue why some of you folks continue to have any expectations from this govt. Just saying... You seem to expect the govt to naively give a shit... Most of us are beyond that.

Anyone seeing the supply of disinfectant liquid or 95% ethyl alcohol appear back on store shelves? The shelves in the supermarkets near me have been empty of these since before Chinese New Year. Was told by the stores that there was very little that get restocked maybe twice last week, and they get snapped up immediately after they are unpacked. The local pharmacies don't have them either. Wondering if you guys are seeing the same.

Running out soon and just want to buy some. Don't understand if people are hoarding these or genuinely just disinfecting constantly.

Stand in the queue first thing in the morning before it opens is the best chance to get new stock of whatever is being hoarded, if you arrive even 1 minute late it will be all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Essential services - including cleaning should be covered. If it is not, shame on the govt. Also, if the govt gave a shit, they would cover NGO and other welfare sectors and their clients - elderly and poor and in bad health.
    Home Affairs Department should really be handling this but I guess they are closed due to disease prevention. shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Trader
    Anyone seeing the supply of disinfectant liquid or 95% ethyl alcohol appear back on store shelves? The shelves in the supermarkets near me have been empty of these since before Chinese New Year. Was told by the stores that there was very little that get restocked maybe twice last week, and they get snapped up immediately after they are unpacked. The local pharmacies don't have them either. Wondering if you guys are seeing the same.

Running out soon and just want to buy some. Don't understand if people are hoarding these or genuinely just disinfecting constantly.
    if you can find it use regular bleach, diluted
    Cash Trader likes this.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 ... LastLast