View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    In normal times that is relevant but these are not normal times. If you’ll pardon the pun I’ve got two weeks supplies max and I’m shitting myself.

Can’t they declare a loo roll amnesty?
    timonoj likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I don't think that's how it works in this case. The (mostly foreign) suppliers are selling the masks for the same price that they always have and people are just buying all the stock and raising the price. There is no incentive to increase production significantly because it increases the risk that they will end up holding inventory when this all blows over.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    I don't think that's how it works in this case. The (mostly foreign) suppliers are selling the masks for the same price that they always have and people are just buying all the stock and raising the price. There is no incentive to increase production significantly because it increases the risk that they will end up holding inventory when this all blows over.
    There is no incentive to have the government limit prices either. The first grandma in line is just gonna buy two or three times as many if they are cheaper. We've seen this with toilet paper. Prices are cheap and there still isn't any available because everybody has been schlepping it away 10 packs at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    and if you use the self-service counters, there's no queueing!
    I think @mused meant you have to queue up to actually have two rolls in hand. Then you can go to self service LOL. That's HK now!

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    On the other hand, I've hardly ever managed to get through Park N' Shop's. Every time, I visit their website, I've to wait for approx. 15 mins - that too in vain. After 15 mins, when I finally I get in, nothing that I want to buy, is left. Perhaps, we will soon have to order those damn toilet rolls from Tesco (UK) , and toilet rolls holder from Harrods. Just saying.
    I'm way ahead of all you gals and guys. I'm collecting a big pile of leaves.
    HK_Katherine, bsh and HKsb like this.

Cue the run on cling film/saran wrap/plastic wrap (choose your brand of English). The "proper" way to protect your conjuctiva when protective facemasks are not available, YMMV:

https://twitter.com/FLAHAULT/status/1227312908213923841

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, HK people are buying from all over the world but that's not resulting in an increase in supply which is the second part of your argument.

In order to increase supply, more machines need to be procured and by the time that's done the need for additional masks will probably be over.

I would say mask machines are a depreciating asset so procuring additional machines and materials would just result in wastage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    There is no incentive to have the government limit prices either. The first grandma in line is just gonna buy two or three times as many if they are cheaper. We've seen this with toilet paper. Prices are cheap and there still isn't any available because everybody has been schlepping it away 10 packs at a time.
    The incentive for a functioning government is to protect their citizens so that they are not ousted. But you are right, this incentive doesn't exist for our government.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Sorry, if it's already been posted. Anyone attempted this method ?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ong-scientists

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Sorry, if it's already been posted. Anyone attempted this method ?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ong-scientists

Required items: kitchen roll, strong tissue paper, elastic bands, a hole punch, paper tape, scissors, plastic-coated steel wire, a pair of glasses, plastic file folders and binder clips.
    Next items to panic buy
    hannah01 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 ... LastLast