View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

American Joel Werner runs a hedge fund, Solitude Capital Management in Hong Kong. On February 10, he bought the equivalent of 216 rolls of toilet paper on Amazon.com Inc. after his family tried in vain for days to find any in Hong Kong. The shipping alone cost $200 but he thinks it was worth it. He kept half of the bounty and plans to give the other half to friends and colleagues.
    Crazy, I just got same number of equivalent rolls on Amazon, with free shipping. Hedge fund managers clearly make poor Amazon shoppers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-and-hong-kong

Got TP at EDUHK Wellcome, no line and still lots of packs and tissues as well when we left.

Never did I think the procurement of TP would be a source of concern or conversation in my lifetime.

Well, he is an idiot if he paid that much ... saw SF delivering plenty of rolls today from Amazon. Posted a photo on the Amazon / Shipping thread.

kimwy66 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    An economist might call toilet paper and kitchen rolls substitute goods, but I guess I'd prefer not to think too closely about the mechanics of this
    eIIe and hullexile like this.

I haven’t been reading this thread but I want to share a couple of info that could be useful. Apologies if this has already been covered.

First, we were able to buy these 3M masks at a hardware store in Wellington street.

They don’t sell recharge of filters though. They work well but are obviously uncomfortable to use for the whole day, we use them for commuting. Then we change into the regular surgical masks.

It’s good to have them in case we completely run out of surgical masks.

Second, about our ever decreasing surgical masks stock. My husband had a (great?) idea to make them reusable for a few more times: he bought a portable UV light sterilizer, the one people use for baby bottles. It’s a small box, something like this, but they come in every size.

60 seconds in there and the surgical mask is ready to be used again. It kills viruses.

Not sure how many times exactly can we sterilize a surgical mask before it starts to deteriorate. If anyone knows more about it, please do illuminate us.
    Also you can put in the uv sterilizer the big 3M mask. Or your phone, wallet or whatever else you want to be clean of virus and bacteria at the end of the day.

As I type this I realize I sound like a crazy germaphobe... I am not (that’s what all the crazy ones say, I know). I have never washed an apple before eating it in my whole life, but this situation requires a different approach, I think.
    Anyway, I hope my husband is right and the uv sterilizer can help with the mask shortage.

That’s all folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    can you use vodka spray when you can't find rubbing alcohol? lol
    Locals would say no as vodka is only 40% proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Hunter:
    Locals would say no as vodka is only 40% proof.
    Create a solar still and up the %

This ad that appears on Geoexpat for masks is legit, they are a local client of ours that makes heated hiking wear, they ordered in a large supply of masks- yes, crazy expensive at 599 HKD but I need supply for office so I bit the bullet. Says delivery on Tuesday- they had sent us an e-mail yesterday that the supply was here. Anyway, I am giving it a try, I do think they will come. I feel responsible to have masks for employees, at any price...

https://polarseal.me/products/box-of...EaAuKcEALw_wcB

Fusion NOW !!! United centre/Admiralty not over priced - but going quickly !!!

shri and Jackie1 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast