View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Forget face mask shortage ....

https://twitter.com/Steve_Dunthorne/...84029611499521

Facemask / Sanitizer / Groceries - News & Updates

Working with lots of locals on a daily basis, I get inadvertently updated constantly on the face mask situation:

- postal service from Japan to China and HK have been suspended (I Google translated a notice posted up in a Japan post office), even if your parcel has been accepted, they will hold on to it and will not ship

- Taiwan has stopped all face masks being sent out of their country, along with South Korea and Thailand

- A colleague's wife just came back from Lyon, face masks there all sold out, and the pattern has spread to other major cities of France

- Amazon has stopped shipping face masks to HK, with orders returned

- Lots of fake face masks around (near all the pharmacies in TST and definitely along the use routes of MK are stocked up on them), there are posts on this in HK groups on FB.

- 3M masks with the yellow head band are for particulates and are not suitable

- Big shipment of face masks and hand sanitisers are arriving on Thursday (got this info from a family run old-style pharmacist)

- Locals have been flooding overseas website in hope of ordering face masks, I got sent a link to an Australian dental supplies website in which the landing page announced they had shut the website due to overseas demand and will only supply its existing members

All in all, I admit I am a face mask wearer, and especially on the MTR. Someone does not need to sneeze/cough in front of me, but maybe before I stepped into the carriage to carry a risk of infection due to fact that a virus can stay airborne in a minute drop for some time.

Last edited by shri; 29-01-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Jesus christ it’s not WWIII

https://twitter.com/Fight4HongKong/s...87941378760706

Same question to y'all: how long will your personal supply last you?

Not sure what the problem with 'fake' face masks is. It's not like individual viral particles hang around in the air by themselves (and if they did, no mask would stop them).

The main purpose of the paper medical masks is just to catch crap on the way out. They don't filter inflow as far as I understand the mechanics of it. Any paper mask will catch the bulk of the outgoing stuff.

AsianXpat0 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Comment made to someone I discuss markets with - "With all the liquidity talks we've had .. rice in f'ing china was not one of the risks we discussed"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast