Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro
    it'll happen. perhaps a chance for online, remote, learning as an alternative? not ideal I know.

But yes, businesses will fail in this climate. Others who react better or are able to meet market needs will flourish. such is life in HK.
    The more interest question is whether we will be seeing any long-term shift in market trends or changes in the HK economy from this outbreak. SARS was also very damaging to the HK economy, but the HK economy quickly picked itself backed up and there was no real change to the economic strructure and business composition. But this outbreak might be different, who knows, at least for certain sectors. One example is HKTV mall, whose valuation has overtaken TVB, thanks to a sudden surge in demand for masks purchased from the online HKTV store. Will this be a longer trend or just a temporary aberration?

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing
    China reports 5,090 new coronavirus cases and 121 new deaths in the past 24 hours
    You are several hours late.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    The more interest question is whether we will be seeing any long-term shift in market trends or changes in the HK economy from this outbreak. SARS was also very damaging to the HK economy, but the HK economy quickly picked itself backed up and there was no real change to the economic strructure and business composition. But this outbreak might be different, who knows, at least for certain sectors. One example is HKTV mall, whose valuation has overtaken TVB, thanks to a sudden surge in demand for masks purchased from the online HKTV store. Will this be a longer trend or just a temporary aberration?
    My friends lost their restaurant and never recovered. In the end they emigrated to Canada (where they are doing well).
    Coolboy and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy

i'm hoping they do a great job and then get bought out by Amazon and then finally we'll have amazon here...hahahah purely selfish reasons of course! :P
    Coolboy and MABinPengChau like this.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...people-injured

For a sense of perspective...more people died this week in taxi crashes than from COVID in Hong Kong to date.
    shri, AliT and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro
    i'm hoping they do a great job and then get bought out by Amazon and then finally we'll have amazon here...hahahah purely selfish reasons of course! :P
    I personally think that their supply chain problems across a broader range of products will more than offset any low margin gains from mask sales.

Look for Alibaba advisory today.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...asures-widened

I'm waiting for the expat exodus from HK. Have a feeling foreign countries will be airlifting us outta here soon if this continues.
    Coolboy likes this.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...asures-widened

I'm waiting for the expat exodus from HK. Have a feeling foreign countries will be airlifting us outta here soon if this continues.
    You know that the U.S. and most countries charge for those airlifts? Cheaper to get out now if you're paranoid.
    hongkong7 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast