Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias
    Prove they were forced to go to China and your argument holds. Without that, they have no right to break quarantine.
    You can't have it both ways.
    Prove you are forced to leave your home. If you stay inside, instead of everyone returning from China, you won't catch the virus either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Prove you are forced to leave your home. If you stay inside, instead of everyone returning from China, you won't catch the virus either.
    There is a point when having an alternative view becomes trolling.
    sv336, cookie09 and sallecc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    There is a point when having an alternative view becomes trolling.
    That is a fair point and I understand where that sentiment is coming from. I can ensure you I am not trolling, I really do think you are all a bunch of fucking hypochondriacs.
    juanalias likes this.

https://twitter.com/AEI/status/1228344426810019840

The epidemic spread of coronavirus in China — along with community transmission in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan — sharply increases the chance that we endure pandemic spread.
    https://www.aei.org/research-product...ental-affairs/

Once again it took bit of protest and resistance to make Govt look for suitable site readily available under its nose and then think about bringing citizens home while all other major countries have already done it.. Who is politicizing humanitarian crisis here!! Simply pathetic..

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...nd-lend-vacant

That is a fair point and I understand where that sentiment is coming from. I can ensure you I am not trolling, I really do think you are all a bunch of fucking hypochondriacs.
    You know that you don’t have to visit this website and read the threads with comments from us ‘fucking hypochondriacs’, right?

Is it a reasonable comparison?

I (no suspected exposure to virus) stay home and I possibly protect me, endanger no-one.
    Quarantine breaker (suspected exposure to virus) does not stay home, possibly helps self, possibly endangers 8 million people.
    Jackie1 and timmie like this.

Liked for the honesty.
    MatthieuTofu and Baklava like this.

You are demonstrating a high level of ignorance of the significant risk that a novel virus poses. It is not hypochondria on a global scale- the government in China has locked the country down, the medical services across the world are on high alert. We are on the doorstep, (with a dirty welcome mat and muddy feet up the hall) of the major pool of infection.

People need to act responsibly if they think they have this infection. Isolating yourself is the bare minimum.

I am not worried personally for my health but I understand the wider risk to the community. I have vulnerable relatives. This infection could make them seriously ill or kill them should it become widespread. Look after yourself and look after those around you.
    sallecc likes this.

Always surprises me when people from many thousands of kilometers or miles away from HK and China scoff that the COVID-19 is no less dangerous than the common flu or you're less likely to die from it than car accidents or lightning. Treating other people's concerns as meaningless.

Or bickering and trolling on an online forum to see whose imaginary virtual sword is slightly longer than the next fool.

For those who live here in HK and also have family/friends in China, this is a tragedy.

Please don't start with "you have no stake." We actually live here and breathe the air here. We have family, life-long friends and loved ones here in HK and in China.

Be helpful and less ass-hat.
    sv336, alexdown, AliT and 7 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 ... LastLast