Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast
  1. #671

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    405
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

  2. #672

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    What kind of country and society is it when ths kind of stuff is becoming the norm. Sad shes in that situation and sad she has to resist. Sad they have to take her by force like that.
    What kind of people are these? There is a virus. The doctors said you need to check if you have a virus, and if you do you need to quarantine to make sure you don't spread the virus. How difficult is that? I wish they had this in HK, instead of saying "please stay at home for 14 days. During this time, feel free to spread the virus to your family and friends. We might come every now and then to check".

    I remember when I was in Singapore during SARS. An infected family went to see a doctor. He said "you have/probably have (I don't remember which one it was) SARS. Please sit on that bench outside my office. I call an ambulance. Don't move. They will be here in 20 minutes." He went out 10 minutes later to check, and instead of sitting on the bench they went to the local hawker centre.

    It's not the country, it's the people. If you are dealing with idiots you have to take drastic actions.
    kittykaitak likes this.

  3. #673

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    107
    I defended and empathised with the suit touts and the taxi drivers... but I'm looking myself in the mirror and realising that I am a hypocrite, because I really couldn't give a shit about the demise of the racket that is international schools in HK.

  4. #674

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    20,595
    Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio
    Always surprises me when people from many thousands of kilometers or miles away from HK and China scoff that the COVID-19 is no less dangerous than the common flu or you're less likely to die from it than car accidents or lightning. Treating other people's concerns as meaningless.

    Or bickering and trolling on an online forum to see whose imaginary virtual sword is slightly longer than the next fool.

    For those who live here in HK and also have family/friends in China, this is a tragedy.

    Please don't start with "you have no stake." We actually live here and breathe the air here. We have family, life-long friends and loved ones here in HK and in China.

    Be helpful and less ass-hat.
    Confused. Goodkat lives in Hong Kong, I live away. He is scoffing it is just like flu, I am taking it seriously.
    jgl likes this.

  5. #675

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    29,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips
    Nothing for teachers... fuck this place and it's priorities... I just can't wait to see the back of it now. Desperately sorry for people who will be stuck here as it goes down the shitter.
    School teachers or private education centers? There is another lobbying effort going on the the centers and their staff.

    Many many part time / zero contract hour staff across HK are seeing their businesses destroyed over the last six months. They are not getting any subsidies either.

    Pain is across the spectrum. Not just teachers.

  6. #676

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Pain is across the spectrum.
    That's not true. I get the same salary as before, but stay at home, so I need to work about 20% of what I did before. I am one of the lucky ones. There are people who are going bankrupt because of this virus.

  7. #677

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,099

    Hong Kong is a battery farm for humans. Store, tax, bleed, repeat. It fails if the chickens boycott. If this system gets looked at again, maybe there's some positive in that down the road.


  8. #678

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by john_1122
    There are people who are going bankrupt because of this virus.
    Because of the reaction to it.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

  9. #679

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    29,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips
    I defended and empathised with the suit touts and the taxi drivers... but I'm looking myself in the mirror and realising that I am a hypocrite, because I really couldn't give a shit about the demise of the racket that is international schools in HK.
    In particular, it is the new franchised schools with large mainland cohorts that are at risk. Not all..

    They should be asking for franchise fee relief and not subsidies.

  10. #680

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    20,595
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Because of the reaction to it.
    If I take medicines to stop me dying and those medicines have side effects then the direct cause of the side effects is the medicine but the real cause is the illness. I know you would argue the illness does not warrant the strong medicine but most disagree.

Closed Thread
Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast