Closed Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 46 51 52 53 54

Re the Louvre.

Which translate in French " We are going to lunch."

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    https://twitter.com/lilkuo/st...92973144051712

How many cases officially in Guangxi?
    https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...7-covid-19.pdf

It wasn’t a totally rhetorical question, but anyway, looked it up, and apparently WHO reports 252 confirmed cases as at 26th Feb...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-six-places-in

I now also recall it was a Guangxi tour group that was linked to a Singapore cluster.

Really, I’ve tried to keep an open mind on China’s reporting of statistics, but it’s hard to think that anyone giving the slightest credence to their numbers as being anything but hopelessly naive...

Willing to hear contrary opinions backed up by solid analysis or evidence.

WHO may be/have the experts, but they’re also limited in what they can say, so why still so much respect for them when they don’t have the freedom to voice their opinions (if they really have the expertise to have one outside what they’re fed).

I’d rather a honest amateur than credentialed sellouts, that’s for sure.
    Last edited by AsianXpat0; 02-03-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    sv336, Jackie1 and Cornmeal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    My Thai resident friend just said "Thailand can test"
    I am sure they can it is just the pattern in Thailand is different to elsewhere, which of course doesn't mean it is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by a voice:
    Looks like could be something very serious, given his age and health condition, I am afraid there could be very bad news.

Their physical contact with so many people and not taking any preventative measure, exposed to the virus is, sadly, inevitable.
    Yes, they're saying cold symptoms, and very well may be just a common cold or flu. Could also be COVID-19, we don't know. But likely he got sick meeting and greeting large groups of people in Italy, and both him and most people did not wear masks. Seemed like a decision to quell fears in people rather than putting his health at a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    I totally got what I wanted. It's better to be in a country actively working with the outbreak than in one where the numbers are suppressed for political and personal reasons. The probability to get infected is low regardless, but probability of getting a good care in the US is unmatched with that in HK. Check, check, check. Will be back to HK sometime in May
    Working "with" the outbreak is a good choice of words. I thought only mainlanders had such an infallable/unflappable view of their govenment.

Thus far BC (just 1 province) has done more tests than ALL of the USA. And US hospitals happy to bill $3000US for a test! Meanwhile in South Korea drive thru tests are avilable for free.
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by a voice:

This was also on the news this evening, they show how so many families were going hiking, the path was so crowded for people walking up or down.
    Get further out. We went hiking at the weekend at Shing Mun reservoir and it was very busy. But once we got past Lead mine Pass it tailed off and we were alone for the next 2 hours!

I found the same with Chinese/Japanese tourists in Yosemite in the past.

Most locals will only go an hour from the bus stop. Don’t go to the obvious as well, like the Peak!