Like Tree16Likes

What to do with your $10K?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tck
    @kimwy66

Could be anything really, Corona related was just top of mind. Additionally, I imagine it doesn't have to be after the HKD 10k is distributed. It could be pre- ?

Given how untargetted HKD 10,000 to every HKID holder is, there must be some people who didn't need it for anything and also don't need it to be paid out to already give it back.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe I'd revisit this thread with more concrete ideas if there's really a contingent that wants to do something helpful with it. My main agenda was something community based to combat the negativity.
    Agree that there's no need to wait for the money to actually be in our hands before we do something if your finances permit.

I'm open to collective ideas but would prefer to sidestep any involvement with political parties of any affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by CWB Bay
    There are a million people in HK living in poverty. So instead of donating to some charity where only 30% goes to the actual target, you could find a way to help the poor directly. Can't be that hard.
    Just take the pedestrian tunnel more often.

I will spend mine on postcards that I collect

Use it for tax payment, basically returning back to Govt. and hoping it will make good use of it for the needy..

I'm gonna print flyers telling everyone how many hospitals that $75 billion could have built.(The new Children's Hospital cost $13b, so at least 5) But hey, who needs doctors if you can have a new IPhone instead.

z754103, spode, tf19 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    Agree that there's no need to wait for the money to actually be in our hands before we do something if your finances permit.
    I would imagine many here already give / do something for charity so aren't even waiting for the government to tell them they might get some money. Personally, we are in the fortunate position to commit regular amounts to helping those who aren't in that position, rather than relying on windfalls.

The chance to be frivolous, selfish, extravagant has passed me by most of my adult life, either through choice or circumstance. So I have zero qualms about taking this money this time and being all 3 of those things. I'm going to buy lots of rose bushes, an antique arbour and some silk material to make cushions that in a few years time I will sit on underneath the roses and raise a glass to the HK government for providing me with the dosh to enjoy it. Bliss.
    traineeinvestor and rkenia852 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2