Like Tree34Likes

Where can you really go in HK right now?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Went to the Peak on Sat, brilliant day out, the weather was fantastic and very clear, nice n sunny.

Took the No 15 bus from central ferry pier, got to the top and walked around the two plaza's, there was quite a lot of people around but many were out and about walking around outside n waking up the hill to go to the top so inside the plazas wasnt that bad.

Went to the top of the main plaza and paid to go to the roof totally forgot there is a pagoda nearby n its free. oh well, we got to take some very nice pictures of the harbour.

on the way down took the 1 green minibus to IFC, a hell of a lot faster.

Nice way to spend the saturday as I hadnt been to the peak in years, usually drove up there but was nice to take public transport.

shri, Coolboy and Skyhook like this.

Name:  20200229_142715.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  797.3 KBName:  20200229_130037.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  1.56 MBName:  20200229_132304.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  1.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    You might as well just go to Central etc. Probably less crowded or about equal to hiking trails. Perhaps being outdoors though the germs have less chance of floating around, and lack of door handles for you to push/pull.

For me the most annoying part is that eating out is riskier since everyone has to take their masks off. Dishes get carried across the restaurant to your table, so always a small chance there.

Or go check out flats. Usually unoccupied and not a lot of people looking.
    Come to think, maybe a little reverse psychology may be helpful. If everyone is afraid the usual "hangouts" like malls, restuarants, shopping districts are high risk areas, that would mean fewer people go there and lower risk of infection.

On second thought...maybe not. TST, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay still has a lot of people on a weekend.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 02-03-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    jack55 likes this.

What hiking trails have you tried? I've been hiking quite a lot lately and the trails are pretty empty. Of course if you do the popular ones there will be crowds.

Ah, I know where to go, take a trip on a nice yacht and do some boating to the outlying islands. A real shame that I can't afford a multi-million dollar yacht. But I can always dream, like imagining myself on one of those yachts anchoring off Kat O, hehehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Ah, I know where to go, take a trip on a nice yacht and do some boating to the outlying islands. A real shame that I can't afford a multi-million dollar yacht. But I can always dream, like imagining myself on one of those yachts anchoring off Kat O, hehehe:

Maybe we can pool together and do a Geo outing. There might be some discounts on yacht rentals, don't you think so?
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Maybe we can pool together and do a Geo outing. There might be some discounts on yacht rentals, don't you think so?
    Yes, there is boat chartering. Need to find a good deal though.

Planning a long, leisurely lunch outside at Spices, The Repulse Bay. Then a trip to Stanley to see if we can give a couple of our favourite shops there, some business (if they have survived thus far).

Have heard the Southside is very busy these weekends but plenty space to relax and just enjoy being outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    So tell me, when you are cooped up in your home for too long, where can you really go in HK now? I tried hiking the other day and fuck, was the trail crowded. In fact, you can say it is even more crowded than a regular weekend at Causeway Bay or Mongkok! Everyone wants to avoid the urban concrete jungle to lower the risk of infection and escape to the great outdoors. Problem is, with this many people hiking, I don't think the risk of infection is necessarily lower on the trail than in Central or TST. So where can you really go in HK right now?

why go for the popular trails, pak tam chung probably has more people than canton rd tst.

consider the more seclued hikes, esp Robins Nest Hill, Lau Sheung Heung (went there a week ago) or Lai Chi Wo, I recall driving to Pak Tam Chung at 7.30am to get a car park space a few years ago, i can imagine you now have to go there around 6am nowadays
    Coolboy likes this.