Like Tree34Likes

Where can you really go in HK right now?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where can you really go in HK right now?

So tell me, when you are cooped up in your home for too long, where can you really go in HK now? I tried hiking the other day and fuck, was the trail crowded. In fact, you can say it is even more crowded than a regular weekend at Causeway Bay or Mongkok! Everyone wants to avoid the urban concrete jungle to lower the risk of infection and escape to the great outdoors. Problem is, with this many people hiking, I don't think the risk of infection is necessarily lower on the trail than in Central or TST. So where can you really go in HK right now?

sv336 likes this.

Office?

Coolboy and cloroxbleach like this.

You might as well just go to Central etc. Probably less crowded or about equal to hiking trails. Perhaps being outdoors though the germs have less chance of floating around, and lack of door handles for you to push/pull.

For me the most annoying part is that eating out is riskier since everyone has to take their masks off. Dishes get carried across the restaurant to your table, so always a small chance there.

Or go check out flats. Usually unoccupied and not a lot of people looking.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenChan:
    Office?
    Good choice...except a lot of folks are returning to office to work today. Ah well, no place is perfect.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 02-03-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    hongkong7 likes this.

As I have said on other threads, come to Peng Chau! More visitors than usual but a finite number of ferries so never gets very crowded. A lovely trail starts right outside my flat, paved and with beautiful little rest areas, each with a roof. Empty beaches if you have a dog who needs a run... Some restaurants or bring a picnic and eat out on the beach. Enough to do to take up at least a half-day.

Coolboy and markranson like this.

Enjoy HK as you've never seen it before. Take the tram from end to end, Peak Tram as well.

hongkong7 likes this.

Sea Ranch ?

Original Post Deleted
    There are a couple of AirBnBs, one in an old factory that is quirky, right near the "main street" but it's mostly a day trip for people. There are public bathrooms with showers and the sitting out area they just built is right near some completely empty beaches for those who are brave enough to just set up shop (doubt anyone would bother you). No official campgrounds that I know of.
    spode and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    So where can you really go in HK right now?
    I think you can go anywhere, and do anything you would do in "normal" circumstances. I think the chance of getting arrested in a protest is still higher than getting corona in HK.

Heung Gong yan ga yau!

Took the fam to North Plaza and Central Park in Discovery Bay this past weekend - I'd never been before but it was quite relaxing. Same with Cheung Chau island last weekend and the river walk around Sha Tin park.

twelve98 and Coolboy like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast