Like Tree763Likes

Covid-19: Opinions and Insights

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    No, you wanker, it is not supposition.
    You're cute when you're angry.

I haven't seen any stories about mass infection on planes. I assume you're hurriedly looking for them now. We'll watch the timestamps to see how long that takes.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias

I haven't seen any stories about mass infection on planes. I assume you're hurriedly looking for them now. We'll watch the timestamps to see how long that takes.
    Pandering to pricks is a waste of time. Take as many flights as you like. Try licking the toilet seats too, if that's not already part of your standard in flight routine.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias

I agree "mass infection on planes" is not happening, and that's one of the key arguments of the airlines to continue flying. What we're seeing in the US (not exclusively in the US, of course, just what I'm personally following) - most initial cases in "new" areas start with someone who landed not long ago, and then that person infects the surrounding population. It's been happening in pretty much every state and locality in the last couple of weeks. Sickening. Don't need a PhD to draw conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0
    Not sure how you manage with Facebook. Just exploring Twitter already feels like it’s giving me hypertension.
    I loath facebook with a passion, and only use it for the French expat groups, who are useful in normal times for renovation tips, and how to fill in the 999 different french bureaucratic forms you may encounter on a daily basis. Been on twitter for 12 years though and love its simplicity of interaction.

Back to viruses other than social media:

Anyone have ideas on what is going on with Germany? Their death rate, 0.15% and serious cases rate, close to 0%, is even lower than Sth Korea (0.81% CFR and 1% serious) who have really been on top of things.

Outstanding German efficiency? Miracle cure? I know they have the highest number of ICU beds in Europe, but somehow their patients aren't even requiring it.
    MABinPengChau, Cornmeal and ren32 like this.

A global thread for opinions, insights and general expatery - related to covid-19..

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Back to viruses other than social media:

Anyone have ideas on what is going on with Germany? Their death rate, 0.15% and serious cases rate, close to 0%, is even lower than Sth Korea (0.81% CFR and 1% serious) who have really been on top of things.

Outstanding German efficiency? Miracle cure? I know they have the highest number of ICU beds in Europe, but somehow their patients aren't even requiring it.
    We discussed this here a few days ago with Hullexile. At the moment, the age of the infected people is fairly young, in their 20/30/40s. It’s probably just a matter of time. I posted some link earlier...
    kimwy66 likes this.

er2

Quote Originally Posted by eIIe
    We discussed this here a few days ago with Hullexile. At the moment, the age of the infected people is fairly young, in their 20/30/40s. It’s probably just a matter of time. I posted some link earlier...
    Just on anecdotal evidence (I know only a few handful of Italians) - Germany has way fewer multi-generation households.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

On the phone to a buddy in london last night. He has work partners who are Italian and has elderly parents in northern italy who are absolutely terrified...apparently they dont have enough respirator machines in hospitals so they've stopped using them for people over 60 as the chance of recovery is very low.

This stuff makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro
    On the phone to a buddy in london last night. He has work partners who are Italian and has elderly parents in northern italy who are absolutely terrified...apparently they dont have enough respirator machines in hospitals so they've stopped using them for people over 60 as the chance of recovery is very low.

This stuff makes me sad.
    And Italy has twice as many ICU beds as the UK
    MABinPengChau and timonoj like this.

Look what happened when it hit a nursing home in the US...28 dead or so and most of the staff infected. People in my mother's retirement community are scared and they have individual apartments...

Jackie1 and hongkong7 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast