Like Tree197Likes

Covid-19: HK Discussion / Opinions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Covid-19: HK Discussion / Opinions

Please, let's try and not make this a general discussion thread.

Comments here.

Daily Updates on:

https://wars.vote4.hk/en/

Today's new cases, and many earlier in the week are being traced to people who have been overseas tours and in long haul flights.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...8-20200312.htm

Last edited by shri; 13-03-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Please, let's try and not make this a general discussion thread.

Comments here.

Today's new cases, and many earlier in the week are being traced to people who have been overseas tours and in long haul flights.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...8-20200312.htm
    Shows we are winning
    HKsb likes this.

Thanks for this. Let's hope this thread stays quiet!

From Hong Kong Columns Translated:

23:10 12 Mar: //The Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health (DH) announced that as of 8pm today (March 12), the CHP is investigating two additional confirmed cases of COVID-19, taking the number of cases to 132 in Hong Kong so far (comprising 131 confirmed cases and one probable case).The first case involves a 37-year-old man (the 131st case) who is the husband of the 31-year-old female patient of the 130th case confirmed yesterday (March 11). The patient with good past health arrived in Hong Kong with his wife and son from England on February 29. He stayed at his parents-in-law's flat at iPlace on Castle Peak Road in Kwai Chung. He developed fever since March 3 and was admitted to Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) for treatment during contact tracing by CHP yesterday. His respiratory sample was tested positive for COVID-19 virus today and he is now in stable condition. The patient’s son has developed runny nose and was sent to PMH for treatment. His parents-in-law are asymptomatic and have been arranged for quarantine.
    The second case involves a 31-year-old man (the 132nd case). The patient with underlying illness lives at Serene Court, Sai Ning Street, Kennedy Town. He developed fever, myalgia and diarrhea since March 8. He attended a clinic at an institution yesterday and then attended the Accident and Emergency Department at Queen Mary Hospital. His deep throat saliva specimen was tested positive for COVID-19 virus today and has been arranged for management at Tuen Mun Hospital. He is now in stable condition. The patient had travel history during the incubation period. He had been to Boston in the United States of America between February 22 and March 1. He then travelled from Boston to Manila in the Philippines via Tokyo in Japan arriving Manila on March 2. He returned to Hong Kong from Manila by flight CX930 by Cathay Pacific on March 8. His wife who lives with him is asymptomatic and will be arranged for quarantine.//
    Seems the cases this week have been from people travelling internationally. Seems to indicate there is no community transmission in the last few days. And yet people still wonder if they can go on holiday -- no!
    Coolboy, shri, Baklava and 7 others like this.

4th death recorded.

Officials said the 80-year-old man lived in the same building in North Point that houses a Buddhist temple linked to a cluster more than a dozen Covid-19 cases.

The man was being treated in Eastern Hospital after he was diagnosed with the virus on February 26.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

Seems like the Jumbo restaurant is facing permanent closure due to the outbreak unless someone rescue it:

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...7-20200312.htm

And yet people still wonder if they can go on holiday -- no!
    Are there any holiday destinations still accepting HKers without some sort of quarantine?

Cases today reported by Hong Kong Columns Translated FB:

Hong Kong reported 3 confirmed cases (totalling 134) and 1 preliminarily positive case today. Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan, Head of the Communicable Disease Branch of the Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health, reported that the 1.5yo boy (#133) is the son of #130 (31yo mother) and #131 (37yo father). They all took flight CX250 returning from London on 29 Feb. The boy had runny nose and later sent to Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH). He was at home most of the time since returning.#134 is a 67yo businessman living in Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tsuen. He has been to the UK, returning from London on flight CX250 (first class cabin) on 8 Mar. He then returned to his company at 625 King's Road, North Point and had meetings with colleagues. He was on fever on 11 Mar and went to Ruttonjee Hospital to take deep-throat saliva sample. He was confirmed today. He had spent some time with an asymptomatic Italian when he was in the UK.
    #135 is a 30yo female living alone at View Villa, Sheung Wan. She went to Greece on 22 Feb and was in Paris from 27 Feb to 5 Mar. She took business class of flights TK1828 and TK70. She returned to Hong Kong on 5 Mar, and went to Clear Water Bay for hiking with her friends on 8 Mar. At night the same day, she was on fever so she went to Ruttonjee Hospital. After taking deep-throat saliva sample on 12 Mar, she was confirmed today.

The preliminarily positive case (#136) is a 61yo man living in Stanley Main Street. He went to Colorado visit his relatives on 7 Feb and lived at his relatives' home. At least one of the relatives were unwell. He took flight NH811 via Japan to Hong Kong on 10 Mar, and took Airport Express and Citybus route 260 to go home. He had coughs and sore throat since then but he was not febrile. At night the same day, he went to a private doctor's clinic at Stanley Main Street. The sample sent by the doctor went to DH's lab, which informed CHP that he is preliminarily positive. The man was arranged into a hospital and further samples have been sent for checking.
    @Tyresmoke stop trying to get out of Hong Kong and come back and infect us all!

Lau said case #133 is now in stable condition in Infectious Disease Centre in PMH and does not require anti-viral drug yet. He will be on Panadol. Lau said HA has issued new guidelines to treat children, with 2 sets (below 12/12 or above). HA will also note the symptoms of young patients. Supportive treatment will be used for confirmed patients aged below 12 with mild symptoms, but if the situation worsens, they may also use anti-viral drug.Lau also said a nurse from Pok Oi Hospital visited London earlier and was negative after running a virus test. This nurse returned from London to Hong Kong on 1 Mar and has been working in a mixed specialty ward in Pok Oi Hospital. The nurse has not exposed to suspected or confirmed patients. The nurse had fever and URTI last night and went to A&E for treatment. This morning the sample result was extremely weak positive but later samples were all negative.
    When asked whether the government will issue travel alert to the entire Europe, Chuang said the situation in Europe is serious and she believed that the government will soon announce measures. The government is now discussing relevant entry quarantine measures.
    Apple Daily reported that in Eastern Hospital (PYNEH), Hospital Authority used a PRC-made injection-use Tazobactam Sodium/Piperacillin Sodium for Injection which was not a registered drug in Hong Kong. Dr Lau Ka-hin said some drugs may not arrive timely and Hospital Authority has no alternative but to import drugs that are not registered in Hong Kong, but it has not circumvented Department of Health. It has to report and apply to DH first when such drug has to be used. HA will not mind which country manufactured such drug. HA's procurement mechanism is very stringent and will ensure the quality appropriate for patients. HA's pharmaceutical unit will let frontline medics know the details of such drugs.
    My fear is not so much getting the virus, but how I would be treated if I got the virus and it were known to the government. Would I be forced to stay in a hospital for a couple of weeks when I could be fine at home with panadol? Who would take care of my cats? This is why I feel a little paranoid about getting sick...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    Are there any holiday destinations still accepting HKers without some sort of quarantine?
    I'm in London right now, no quarantine.
    dossier likes this.

@Tyresmoke stop trying to get out of Hong Kong and come back and infect us all!#
    I've got no plans to go anywhere; I live in the middle of nowhere in NT and work from home so I've been unintentionally 'socially distancing' for years, I just didn't know what it was called before
    Last edited by Tyresmoke; 13-03-2020 at 08:36 PM.
    hullexile, Skyhook and Iain like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast