Like Tree81Likes

Covid-19: 03/17 - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Wow

Venice waters run clear, still likely not enough to convince idiots of human impacts though...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6683226/c...6uEjTFUJhjgofA

kimwy66 and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Vo’ Euganeo was home of the very first cluster identified in Italy, together with Codogno. The point here is the experiment of testing 100% of its inhabitants. I don’t think this has been done anywhere else. Although it’s a small village, it can result in important data. For me the interesting part is that less than 10% of cases show symptoms. No wonder the virus spreads so easily.

For the moment, I think that strongly confirms the importance of isolation, testing and, if available, wearing masks.

It would be useful to repeat the experiment in more villages and compare the data.

Japan Olympics second in charge..

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74673211.cms

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    Vo’ Euganeo was home of the very first cluster identified in Italy, together with Codogno. The point here is the experiment of testing 100% of its inhabitants. I don’t think this has been done anywhere else. Although it’s a small village, it can result in important data. For me the interesting part is that less than 10% of cases show symptoms. No wonder the virus spreads so easily.

For the moment, I think that strongly confirms the importance of isolation, testing and, if available, wearing masks.

It would be useful to repeat the experiment in more villages and compare the data.
    As you say important data and the experiment should be replicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:

Seems possible to me that testing picked up everyone including those in the incubation/presymptomatic stage. What was suggested by the Diamond Princess and South Korea clusters was that the large majority don’t remain asymptomatic. Testing early helps prevent transmission, but thus far I don’t believe there are large numbers of hidden carriers, although again, from what we know, upwards of 82% of cases are mild. If we add another say 20% that remain asymptomatic, then it could be that 85% of cases might never make you think coronavirus if you didn’t test for it.

https://twitter.com/Exhaustiv...04797441544192

Also found this tweet FWIW.
    Last edited by AsianXpat0; 17-03-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added tweet
    kimwy66 and mangoprawnsalad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Korea has already shown this with their enhanced testing and low mortality. Although CNN article speculated its a combo of testing/age/gender/smoking that explains the huge difference between Italy and Korea's virus outcomes.
    Not only Korea right on your doorstep : I know a doctor here he has done over 6tests today active case finding just in a regular clinic : and admit one suspected traveller : look Hong Kong rolled out active case finding test earlier than anyone : it's our speciality : and the procedure more refined by the day : in fact as of today hospital staff can get pre and posts screen in absence of symptoms via their staff clinic : Boris has left his medics to die basically
    kimwy66 likes this.

The two deceased are 34-year-old Patient 178 and 60-year-old Patient 358.

Patient 178 died purely due to Covid-19 as he had no underlying conditions while Patient 358 had a history of chronic disease.
    First 2 deaths from the “flu” in Malaysia...12 in the ICU.