Like Tree81Likes

Covid-19: 03/17 - Global News

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...na/5053783002/

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Not only Korea right on your doorstep : I know a doctor here he has done over 6tests today active case finding just in a regular clinic : and admit one suspected traveller : look Hong Kong rolled out active case finding test earlier than anyone : it's our speciality : and the procedure more refined by the day : in fact as of today hospital staff can get pre and posts screen in absence of symptoms via their staff clinic : Boris has left his medics to die basically
    I'm not convinced, Tin Hau Temple tracing and response seemed quite slow.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Actually, when I read this earlier I didn't read to the end.

I think China already did clinical tries with Chloroquine and HIV drugs. Could be just like Thailand's cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    I'm not convinced, Tin Hau Temple tracing and response seemed quite slow.
    That was very early days in the pcr testing protocol : I also argued strongly to loosen criteria but alone at that time : just took them very short time actually to come around after massive clamoring from front line : so yes your correct a bit slow : there were concern about the high false neg I believe. But you know look at the country by country progressgraphs : look where we could have been now : and we are not :

Tianjin, Jilin, and Hunan now Covid-19 free. 2 new imported cases in Macau.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    Vo’ Euganeo was home of the very first cluster identified in Italy, together with Codogno. The point here is the experiment of testing 100% of its inhabitants. I don’t think this has been done anywhere else. Although it’s a small village, it can result in important data. For me the interesting part is that less than 10% of cases show symptoms. No wonder the virus spreads so easily.

For the moment, I think that strongly confirms the importance of isolation, testing and, if available, wearing masks.

It would be useful to repeat the experiment in more villages and compare the data.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...onavirus-china

Something published in Science, no less, apparently supports those results. Could an alternative interpretation of the Diamond Princess and S Korea clusters be that even those very mild cases were counted? I suppose definitions matter, and an overloaded system (in terms of fatalities) has no time for those.
    Baklava likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Tianjin, Jilin, and Hunan now Covid-19 free. 2 new imported cases in Macau.
    Don't you mean no new cases?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5