Like Tree198Likes

Covid-19: Home & Hotel Quarantine Wristbands & Apps etc...

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jack55:
    Sounds like a stupidly designed app. Why they couldn't just activate it then and there (probably requiring multi factor authentication just because) is beyond me. You give them the strap, install the app and make sure it works before they leave. Hong Kong tends to design ass backwards applications/websites that are difficult to use and look like they are from 15 years ago.
    Because it would probably have vastly, vastly slowed down the processing of incoming passengers. One of the first Geo posters to enter under this system described the process when it included app downloading and registration. He was estimating 1-1.5 hour wait times unless you were luck enough to beat your planeload of people to the queue.

Would you prefer to hang around home waiting for an SMS, or be physically stuck in a queue for an hour and a half after an intercontinental flight, quite possibly with tired kids in tow. Or listening to other peoples' tired kids.
    timonoj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Anyone else suspicious of all the social media posts saying that “a friend” saw self quarantined people with bracelets freely roaming around Hong Kong? In a city where people have been told off for not wearing masks, I’m struggling to believe anyone could get very far wearing a quarantine band and not get called out for it.
    I’ve personally seen a foreign couple with these bracelets walking around CWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I’ve personally seen a foreign couple with these bracelets walking around CWB.
    Did you do or say anything? Take a picture? Call the authorities?

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Did you do or say anything? Take a picture? Call the authorities?
    Gave them a piece of my mind (from a little distance). Called the hotline, but the had scarpered.
    timonoj likes this.

Not fully related to this thread maybe, but if I would want to get tested (while not having symptoms), where should I go? Public hospital, or any other type of location?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Gave them a piece of my mind (from a little distance). Called the hotline, but the had scarpered.
    This person had another idea: called the police and chased the quarantinee down the street warning everyone that they have a wristband, while filming.

https://twitter.com/lawwainga2/statu...705544704?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Greghouse:
    This person had another idea: called the police and chased the quarantinee down the street warning everyone that they have a wristband, while filming.
    Just saw that video, WTF
    If you're going to ignore quarantine, at least cover the fuck up with long sleeves

Unbelievable - are those locals not wearing masks??
    shri and BCD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Unbelievable - are those locals not wearing masks??
    Not when they are eating in the restaurant.

https://www.facebook.com/galang.ardy...0819162129264/

I think this video recording man had done a great job and cares about the society!
    Sebastien-F and BCD like this.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast