Like Tree155Likes

Covid-19: Home & Hotel Quarantine Wristbands & Apps etc...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

Yep... 3 more days for me and the QR code is almost invisible. Luckily my app (which they only got me a pin code for on day 8) hasn't done anything at all since I registered it. Doesn't have a countdown on it either. Out of curiosity I'll take it with me on my freedom walk at midnight on Friday and see if anything happens before I delete it forever...

Good that they're testing everyone on landing now I guess... I can imagine plenty people may have got mild symptoms and just followed their home country's guidance and self isolated rather than being on an isolation ward for a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Peaky; 31-03-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Don't think they have built in 3/4/5G. Have not been bothered to read the specs .. they're out there somewhere.
    The spec says the band is Bluetooth only to connect to the phone, so the app is the same in that it's checking the phone's location(*) but is now verifying you are close to the phone by the presence of the wriststrap rather than scanning the QR code.

The casing looks large enough to get a full tracking solution in so it's very large for a Bluetooth solution. Either it's using a lot of power by staying connected to the phone all the time, rather than periodically checking in, or that's the first housing they could buy off the shelf and fit the stuff in given the time.

(*) The spec seems to describe that actually exact location position is not important but rather than once set, that the device doesn't move. The app seems to use the cell tower signal data and nearby wifi routers and bluetooth devices to get an indoor picture of the RF signals which shouldn't change too much unless you move.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky
    Yep... 3 more days for me and the QR code is almost invisible. Luckily my app (which they only got me a pin code for on day 8) hasn't done anything at all since I registered it. Doesn't have a countdown on it either. Out of curiosity I'll take it with me on my freedom walk at midnight on Friday and see if anything happens before I delete it forever...

Good that they're testing everyone on landing now I guess... I can imagine plenty people may have got mild symptoms and just followed their home country's guidance and self isolated rather than being on an isolation ward for a couple of weeks.
    ha ha I can’t wait to go for my freedom walk at 23:59 tomorrow! I only had to wait 3 days to activate my app. The countdown was wrong by 3 days but disappeared altogether from the app last week. The paperwork says 23:59 tomorrow so that’s when the band is coming off and I’m going for a run!
    shri likes this.

One more HK based journalist tweeting from quarantine..

https://twitter.com/Birdyword/status...77706563260417

Quote Originally Posted by WP182
    ha ha I can’t wait to go for my freedom walk at 23:59 tomorrow! I only had to wait 3 days to activate my app. The countdown was wrong by 3 days but disappeared altogether from the app last week. The paperwork says 23:59 tomorrow so that’s when the band is coming off and I’m going for a run!

a couple of days in advance you get an SMS that lets you know about your release and removing your wrist band.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20