Like Tree56Likes

Covid-19: 03/20-21 - 48 New Cases In HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Boys and girls!

We don't want the fucking HK police managing a lockdown here... none of us on here can be more than a person removed from the gweilos who are not wearing mask, pissing it up every night... let's put the pressure on... even with new cases we can still contain this with masks/hand sanitiser and social distancing...

Seriously, get on your social media and plead with them...
    Yikes, nightmare scenario. Please #staythefuckhome folks and if you're too selfish than keep it low key and out of the public eye FFS.
    Last edited by Cornmeal; 21-03-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Not gonna translate it all but the general gist is be like everyone else, wear a mask, don’t flout quarantine rules if you’ve just come back from abroad and even if you’re young you’re still vulnerable. Simple enough.
    https://twitter.com/alvinllum/status...765134336?s=21
    I don't know, to me the jury is still out on the mask deal. My biggest concern is that masks create a sense of protection, but we know it's a false one as relates to a real full protection. Therefore, masked people are more open to taking it easier on the social distancing measures, which eventually causes more virus spread in the end. I may be wrong. The message I like is that social distancing is a must, and masks are required in situations when the proper distancing cannot be guaranteed.

This whole thing is about to hit India.

It's with us as a species at that stage, we just have to hope the vaccine development can be quick.

Quote Originally Posted by sv336:
    I don't know, to me the jury is still out on the mask deal. My biggest concern is that masks create a sense of protection, but we know it's a false one as relates to a real full protection. Therefore, masked people are more open to taking it easier on the social distancing measures, which eventually causes more virus spread in the end. I may be wrong. The message I like is that social distancing is a must, and masks are required in situations when the proper distancing cannot be guaranteed.
    I can also say that condoms give people a false sense of protection. The wrong use of condoms also increases the risk of STD.

Yes there are people who use masks incorrectly, but on the whole, the general public knows how to wear them.

Even if someone is wrong to wear it, but he managed to cover his mouth, it is still able to reduce the number of his droplets of spray out, on the whole it is still helpful for epidemic prevention

And people who don't wear masks, I don't think they're aware of social distance, they're always walking and talking, and that's how the droplets go all over the street
    MatthieuTofu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden:
    I can also say that condoms give people a false sense of protection. The wrong use of condoms also increases the risk of STD.

Yes there are people who use masks incorrectly, but on the whole, the general public knows how to wear them.

Even if someone is wrong to wear it, but he managed to cover his mouth, it is still able to reduce the number of his droplets of spray out, on the whole it is still helpful for epidemic prevention

And people who don't wear masks, I don't think they're aware of social distance, they're always walking and talking, and that's how the droplets go all over the street
    I think you're mixing a few things together here that must be looked at separately. First, correct, a normal/sober person would rather avoid having sex with a high risk category person all together rather than having it in a "protected" way. Likewise, a common sense should be avoiding situations that pose a high risk of catching a virus vs. going into those with a mask on. Second, you seem to be not liking people without masks being around you as those are walking and talking. The truth is that the virus is spread by silent breathing pretty effectively. So other than confirming my point that responsible sex is better than irresponsible, with or without a condom, you're not bringing much to this discussion.

Well I'm on the plane ready to go. Everyone except the cabin crew has a mask, I'd say 40percent are wearing overalls or plastic macs of some sort, and about 15 percent goggles.

Feels like a prototype flight for SpaceX

No one is coughing yet...

LHR really eerie... Bit poignant have a 'last drink' in the lounge... Closest anyone's getting to a pub for quite some time I suspect.

hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes they were rather arrogant weren't they : I guess they learnt the hard way they are not so special

It stops you breathing your germs over everything dude : shees
    Nobody cares about your protected or not :
    Your unmasked everyone just hoping you get corona
    It's not difficult
    Mr Chips and MatthieuTofu like this.

I don't know, to me the jury is still out on the mask deal. My biggest concern is that masks create a sense of protection, but we know it's a false one as relates to a real full protection.
    REMINDER!
    We wash our hands to protect US!
    We wear our masks to protect OTHERS!
    hongkong7 and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    It stops you breathing your germs over everything dude : shees
    Nobody cares about your protected or not :
    Your unmasked everyone just hoping you get corona
    It's not difficult
    You're just not getting my point. Can't see beyond the end of your masked nose. Resting my case