Like Tree640Likes

To Mask or Not To Mask

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If masks are working to protect yourself from the virus why does it matter if someone else doesn't? Or don't they actually work like that after all?
    Of course it could be that masks work a bit, reduce the risk without eliminating it. This middle ground thought seems to be impossible for some people to grasp. But then we are all fucking hypochondriacs aren't we?

Public transport now request passengers to wear masks, White people violate rules, they are breaking Hong Kong virus defence system. I will scold obnoxious white people if they break rules.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If masks are working to protect yourself from the virus why does it matter if someone else doesn't wear one? Or don't they actually work like that after all?
    Public transport now request ALL passengers to wear masks, White people violate rules, they are breaking Hong Kong virus defence system. I will scold obnoxious white people if they break rules.

Quote Originally Posted by tt2003:
    Public transport now request passengers to wear masks, White people violate rules, they are breaking Hong Kong virus defence system. I will scold obnoxious white people if they break rules.
    Calm down man...most people including expats are very reasonable. You will only stir resentment posting this way. I believe most people will eventually do the right thing (socially, if not always 100% scientifically) given the chance. Thank you for sharing your opinion, although I think us expats, white or otherwise, already recognise the depth of local feeling. Maybe a non-confrontational kind word or offering a mask offline might help more than continuing to post in this vein.

(P.S. I recognised the qualifier “obnoxious”)

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Calm down man...most people including expats are very reasonable. You will only stir resentment posting this way. I believe most people will eventually do the right thing (socially, if not always 100% scientifically) given the chance. Thank you for sharing your opinion, although I think us expats, white or otherwise, already recognise the depth of local feeling. Maybe a non-confrontational kind word or offering a mask offline might help more than continuing to post in this vein.

(P.S. I recognised the qualifier “obnoxious”)
    Obnoxious is factual and objective, i dont want to inhale obnoxious white people body fluid, phlegm droplet,. White people dont wear mask dont come to hk, you are not welcomed
    Mr Chips likes this.

Firstly, why bring in your racism? Secondly, use some common sense, there is zero risk from people that's don't cough/sneeze/talk - and you want to start a conversation? Not the smartest move.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Firstly, why bring in your racism? Secondly, use some common sense, there is zero risk from people that's don't cough/sneeze/talk - and you want to start a conversation? Not the smartest move.
    it is not racism, majority of white dont wear mask. i love black, indian, flippino who wear mask, dont always use the word racism to coverup obnoxious white people wrong doing. wearing mask to ensure public safety

Quote Originally Posted by Wahpiang:
    My profession teaches us that masks can effectively reduce the chance of infection and infecting others. My colleagues and I were surprised when western governments and the WHO claim masks aren't effective.
    I won't guess why they claim that but our Singapore government was honest to admit that it was a risky decision not to provide masks to all the citizens.
    After our government uniformly distributed 4 masks to each citizen, the rest was left to the medical staffs. At least our government won't lie and say masks don't work.
    One of the research I have studied in my profession has shown that masks can reduce the chance of primary school students catching the flu. Primary school students are the most difficult group to use masks properly, and they can prove the effectiveness of masks on them. I don't why there is someone who thinks that using masks on adults increases the risk.
    they kind of admit it’s because they cannot supply enough to the general population so need to keep them for front-line staff.

https://youtu.be/qNkjJHliMZo

it is not racism, majority of white dont wear mask. i love black, indian, flippino who wear mask, dont always use the word racism to coverup obnoxious white people wrong doing.
    Well, I was out yesterday a bit. Most people I saw didn't wear a mask. Didn't see "whites" though.

Anyway, wear one, it's fine with me. Really, i don't mind.

as a hk citiezen i am responsible to scold obnoxious white people who violate rules not wear mask. i need to keep my beloved place healthy.
    And I'm sure anybody you scold, whatever their colour will tell you piss off and mind your own business as they rightfully should. If you're so convinced not wearing a mask is a threat you should surely be keeping away from them.
    mrgoodkat, flameproof and shri like this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast