Like Tree640Likes

To Mask or Not To Mask

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I agree completely.

I'm starting to get a bit upset with "white people" because I don't want to see mass blame or hysteria. The racism is fully against us, even though there's a fair share of locals in "their neighborhood" not wearing masks. Signs going up everywhere in my areas, only in English. Very clearly targeted to a certain demographic. So, I really wonder why the "foreigners" (who have maybe even been in HK longer than some ethnically Chinese people) can't play along to help minimize the damage and racism this is causing. I also am surprised they are not changing their behavior faster due to what we're seeing in "the west".

But I'll say something uncomfortable... I never, ever wore a mask for my many years here until recently. It was an uncomfortable experience that made me feel awkward. To be honest, it reminded me of wearing feminine hygiene products for the first time. I really felt horrified by wearing them. I've accepted it now.

I think Hong Kongers may need to accept that this is simply too big of a cultural shift to expect to happen overnight. I think they don't quite realize how utterly foreign it is to those of us who never knew the public to wear them.
    Very few will accept this right now.

Big deal wear mask #staythefuckhome no one cares how it makes you feel.

Think I'm in love with fucking masks? Stop masking excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Very few will accept this right now.

Big deal wear mask #staythefuckhome no one cares how it makes you feel.

Think I'm in love with fucking masks? Stop masking excuses.
    #whendidhashtagsreplacereasonedarguments?

#youhaveusedthesamehashtagineverypostyouvemadeabou tmasks

####herearesomeextrahastagsIamfeelinggenerous###
    Kowloon72 and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    #whendidhashtagsreplacereasonedarguments?

#youhaveusedthesamehashtagineverypostyouvemadeabou tmasks

####herearesomeextrahastagsIamfeelinggenerous###
    Gets noticed I guess #staythefuckhome

#wearafuckingmask

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:

And remember, it's same people that say home quarantine for the returning kids is safe.
    This is not true, lots of quarantine hotels are pretty full.
    My colleague booked quarantine hotel room for her sister whom returned from UK to keep everyone safe. And, he mentioned the hotel he booked is fulled for Apr.
    gigglinggal likes this.

Gets noticed I guess #staythefuckhome

#wearafuckingmask
    #itjustmakesyoulooklikeatwittertwit

###youarenotoninstagram###
    Aramis, Stu79 and Kowloon72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    #itjustmakesyoulooklikeatwittertwit

###youarenotoninstagram###
    Made plenty of good arguments earlier, peer reviewed ones, but you didn't seem to notice those.

It's 1 # and while it may annoy those who are already doing their part, sorry but I'm not the droid you're looking for.

Made plenty of good arguments earlier, peer reviewed ones, but you didn't seem to notice those.

It's 1 # and while it may annoy those who are already doing their part, sorry but I'm not the droid you're looking for.
    Luigi is sat on the hillside with his son looking over the beautiful bay.

See all those pretty houses? I built all of those but do they call me Luigi the Housebuilder? No!

See all those boats bobbing in the bay? I built all of those but do they call me Luigi the Boatbuilder? No!

See the roads winding up the hills? I built all of those but do they call me Luigi the Roadbuilder? No!

I shag one sheep.......
    jgl, Cornmeal, Mr Chips and 1 others like this.

Why is still even being "debated"?

If you have a fucking mask, wear it.

If you don't have one and live anywhere even remotely near a place where the Wuhan virus has appeared, buy one yesterday or use a makeshift bandana or something if you go out.

Anything else and you're either an ignorant moron or an indifferent moron. Pardon moi for bluntness.

If it helps reduce the compound transmission rate by a single percent it's already worth it. We know it does a lot more than that.

https://twitter.com/naval/status/1242152190581428226

Meanwhile I still see leading, and sadly influential, medical officials in Europe stating that masks aren't necessary. The day they're sacked can't come too soon. They may be ignorant morons, which is unforgivable in their position, or hopefully but no less excusably, they're simply lying because there's a severe shortage. Since even DIY fabric masks are helpful it just has to be the former.

Cornmeal and gigglinggal like this.

"If you have a fucking mask, wear it."

I prefer ~ if you don't need to go out and watch a movie, wine and dine, hang out at a pub and generally think you are looking at a disaster in the comfort of a mask, stay home.

"Meanwhile I still see leading, and sadly influential, medical officials in Europe stating that masks aren't necessary."

There is often a big part of the equation that the mask hoarders selectively omits. These influential, medical officials, etc you mentioned usually end their sentence like this - "so that people who need them, such as sick people and medical staff can have them so that they can treat do their job".

Every time I see random people in full hospital gear showing up on the street, I would think to myself, an Italian or Spanish medical staff is probably dead because of that. Because of their death, more will not be treated and infect others.

Where do these people get these equipment anyway and why are government hospitals loosing gears?

Most people think mask wearing protects them, not because they are considerate. If they are, most of them would have stayed home, not throwing used masks in the hiking trails.

Lastly, we already knew that them same transmission mechanism will pass the virus through their eyes. So if we are wearing a mask not eye protection, are we still the heroes that we think we are?

Kowloon72 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast