Like Tree365Likes

To Mask or Not To Mask

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

To Mask or Not To Mask

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    Now News reports that a taxi driver tested positive, he drove to/from the airport at least twice a day. Wore a mask so hopefully didn’t infect anybody else but they mentioned how passengers did not always do so.

Someone earlier mentioned the risk of people infecting cab drivers, bus drivers on their way to self quarantine... I think this is the first such case...
    If he always wore a mask, how did he get it from his passengers?
    Kowloon72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Touching the money as an example
    RMDNC and East_coast like this.

Masks are not a 100% protection against contracting this virus, far from it. They are better than nothing, and there are other vectors of transmisson, door handles, money etc.
    rs4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Masks are not a 100% protection against contracting this virus, far from it. They are better than nothing, and there are other vectors of transmisson, door handles, money etc.
    On the “plus” side, him wearing a mask even when he didn’t know he was infected means that he kept other people safe.

On a separate note the MTR is back to an almost normal crowd! I’m guessing the fact that most but not all cases are imported doesn’t alarm people here.

For the love of God... the mask protects others, not you...

New Geoexpat Law: As an online COVID19 discussion grows longer, the probability of an argument about the effectiveness of masks approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips
    For the love of God... the mask protects others, not you...
    Apart from reducing how often you touch your face and thereby all but stopping one of the ways that viruses enter the human body (fingers to nose and mouth).
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu
    On the “plus” side, him wearing a mask even when he didn’t know he was infected means that he kept other people safe.

On a separate note the MTR is back to an almost normal crowd! I’m guessing the fact that most but not all cases are imported doesn’t alarm people here.
    I barely use it now. Practically no need for me fortunately so maybe once a week, for no reason other than I have no necessity to be anywhere other than NT at present.. Is that due to less trains or has that increased even after trains were reduced?

I'm just gonna say this now... I'm married to a local and most of our friends are locals... people are starting to get pissed off at expats not masking up... I'm seeing a lot more local people muttering loudly at the Gold Coast because it's almost universally white people not masking up...

Maybe trouble if there's another spike and it's linked to gweilos.

My comment was a question that could have been interpreted in a few ways. Interesting that most people have gone for the "well masks don't really protect you" response. When an equally valid one is "he probably wasn't wearing it properly or at all times." Or "how do we even know he got it from his taxi."

The article is written with a bias attempting to show that airport passengers not wearing masks = bad, innocent taxi driver wearing mask = victim. A lot of conjecture here feeding into the new narrative that foreigners are spreading the virus in HK.

Kowloon72 likes this.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast