Like Tree221Likes

Ban on Alcohol Sales @ Licensed Premises - Proposed or Happening?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I don't drink and don't frequent bars, but I do think this is a pretty racist move. I think we would be better off with two weeks of more severe lockdown (and proper f'ing quarantine for anyone arriving - IN A CENTRE FFS, driven there in a dedicated bus) and then gradual opening. The amount of people out shopping for tat or sitting around big group tables crammed into cheap local restaurants is just as bad. Close non-essential shops; close bars; take-out only from restaurants OR have some kind of minimum space between tables and max 4 people sharing a table. Strictly for 2 weeks only.

I actually don't think gyms need to shut if they have decent hygiene practises because people don't get that close to each other, but there should be mandated wiping down of equipment after use or something similar.
    It’s the kind of policy that appeals to the lowest common denominator but in reality doesn’t do much.

I have seen many, many, multigenerational Chinese families out for meals over the past months not wearing masks, sharing plates, and lingering for an hour or more. Banning yum cha and hot pot would be more effective but would piss more people off too.
    rs4 and Kowloon72 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe
    It's cultural discrimination.
    There are much more densely packed bars and clubs all over HK that are not expat friendly. These also run a risk of a hotspot similar to the bars in Osaka. I am not able to see why the government action is about race.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XniuiYgzZEY

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Saw this on a TG group but haven’t seen mention in any news articles. So all gyms and clubs are closed?
    Pure was already closed, as of today UTime is also closed: they had a member tested positive (in the Sai Yin Pun branch).

When will people with antibodies be given a bracelet so we know they are safe to serve food?

Name:  ETvZdyOU0AAaQm9.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  135.0 KB

Last edited by East_coast; 23-03-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    HK_Katherine and rkenia852 like this.

So here’s a thought, what about restaurants allowing you to bring your own booze? We already have a couple near us that are happy for us to bring a bottle of wine because they don’t sell the stuff.

would that be allowed?

Closing bars and gyms in the same week would be really shit. Seems inevitable now. My wife will be gutted, was bad enough when she thought the Pure closure was just for 48 hours!

Wonder if and when citizens (around the world, as plenty in countries in Europe are being way stricter) will wake up to the fact we're losing a lot more than we're gaining.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Saw this on a TG group but haven’t seen mention in any news articles. So all gyms and clubs are closed?Attachment 81008
    They are requesting closures. Not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72
    Wonder if and when citizens (around the world, as plenty in countries in Europe are being way stricter) will wake up to the fact we're losing a lot more than we're gaining.
    If the health care system fails due to too much demand death rates and permanent lung damage rate soar. That is a high cost for society. It is a balance.

Love to see the response if smoking were banned, at least alcoholics can wait till noon or 5 or dark, while smokers are at it all day from the time they wake up till bed.

I've never seen someone desperately searching for a beer in their bag and priming themselves to open it once they pass through the turnstiles.

Smokers have their masks down indulging more than anyone in public.

Imagine if people were just spitting into napkins and throwing them on the ground everywhere.

GentleGeorge, Kowloon72 and Gatts like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    If the health care system fails due to too much demand death rates and permanent lung damage rate soar. That is a high cost for society. It is a balance.
    And it's not just deaths from corona, it's all the cancer treatments, aneurysms, heart attacks, car accidents, etc etc that will also (are already) be impacted from a failure to respond effectively
    JAherbert and Gatts like this.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast