Like Tree199Likes

Covid-19: 03/25-26 - Hong Kong News

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

HK government are technocrates not problem solvers. They know how to play the political game but are completely useless when it comes to solve delicate situations. Same way they handled the protests, I think the legco need another trashing but this time with them inside.

CharSiuNow, Kowloon72 and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    Yes a couple more from Insomnia and Kagesha Lounge on Lyndhurst Terrace.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...6-20200326.htm
    How has this news not given people pause to think about the consequences of their actions and lack of social distancing? These people are just like those dummies on spring break in Florida "If I get corona, I get corona, it's not gonna stop me from partying..."

Not only is it a kick in the face to all of us here who are trying to do our part to lessen the blow of the virus but also an insult to all the front-line workers here and abroad who are basically eating shit every day so the rest of us don't have to.

Perhaps hefty fines for bars connected to any future clusters that occur would have an effect?

In the Netherlands people face fines for not practicing social distancing:

https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/23/dutch-...top-said-rutte
    Last edited by Cornmeal; 26-03-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    Jackie1 and Baklava like this.

43 new cases today. Is the gov't waiting for a 1000 tally before imposing a lockdown?

Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    43 new cases today. Is the gov't waiting for a 1000 tally before imposing a lockdown?
    Maybe 666 is the magic number.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal
    How has this news not given people pause to think about the consequences of their actions and lack of social distancing? These people are just like those dummies on spring break in Florida "If I get corona, I get corona, it's not gonna stop me from partying..."

Not only is it a kick in the face to all of us here who are trying to do our part to lessen the blow of the virus but also an insult to all the front-line workers here and abroad who are basically eating shit every day so the rest of us don't have to.

Perhaps hefty fines for bars connected to any future clusters that occur would have an effect?

In the Netherlands people face fines for not practicing social distancing:

https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/23/dutch-...top-said-rutte
    Aren't these new cases all from the same weekend/timeframe as the other recent LKF/bar cases? If so, why would this news be any more shocking than yesterday's? Or Monday's? How is a pilot going for a few pints when things were relatively calm a "kick in the face" to anyone? He didn't know. And I doubt the band have the option to skip gigs. You realise that there will be more cases tomorrow linked to this cluster? And the next day and the day after? Try and pace your outrage.

If there is another outbreak in LKF this weekend your panty wetting will be justified. (Although really up to the Gov to put measures in place). And even saying that, just try and worry about your own social distancing, which you can control, and not that of others, which you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    They roll someone out each day to say "oh, we're considering a whole host of different measures"....and then do nothing. Can't understand it. Surely they won't let this weekend come and go without doing something to curb people meeting outside in groups?
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke
    Not sure we're talking about a lifetime adjustment, just a few months
    I was just talking generally.

Sweet though you have so much faith in the communists/fascists/Tories (delete as appropriate) to instantly reinstall all your previously denied civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72
    Aren't these new cases all from the same weekend/timeframe as the other recent LKF/bar cases? If so, why would this news be any more shocking than yesterday's? Or Monday's? How is a pilot going for a few pints when things were relatively calm a "kick in the face" to anyone? He didn't know. And I doubt the band have the option to skip gigs. You realise that there will be more cases tomorrow linked to this cluster? And the next day and the day after? Try and pace your outrage.

If there is another outbreak in LKF this weekend your panty wetting will be justified. (Although really up to the Gov to put measures in place). And even saying that, just try and worry about your own social distancing, which you can control, and not that of others, which you can't.
    Please find a gym that's open and lick some of that super clean "wiped down" equipment , and then try and stay the fuck home.

You realize that things were relatively calm because lots of people are making personal sacrifices, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72
    They roll someone out each day to say "oh, we're considering a whole host of different measures"....and then do nothing. Can't understand it. Surely they won't let this weekend come and go without doing something to curb people meeting outside in groups?
    And who exactly would enforce this? I’m all for penal on the spot fines but could see the lines being blurred between virus measures and independence protest

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland
    And who exactly would enforce this? I’m all for penal on the spot fines but could see the lines being blurred between virus measures and independence protest
    For sure. HK will have an issue with enforcing any sort of curfew or lock down as citizens don't feel very....citizeny at the moment. However, if the gov are serious about "flattening the curve" (yawn) then surely trying something is better than nothing? Even just saying you'll do it will surely reduce the numbers out and about (even if it isn't thoroughly policed).

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast