Like Tree272Likes

Covid-19: March Week 4 Discussions

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Yes because they use tear gas
    just throw more petrol bombs at them. problem solved.

Covid-19: March Week 4 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Could be ... just could be that people are under financial pressure. Also, if they've left the cities where they work and moved back to their home towns, there could be some churn.

There will be more meaningful disclosure in the quarterly shareholders reports.
    For exactly the same reason as people are down grading some of their satellite packages. Why subscribe to live sports when there are none. If that leads to decreased cash flow for the likes of Sky that’s at least another positive side effect, followed in turn by them reducing the ridiculously overblown sponsorship to the cream of football when 90% of the clubs outside the Premiership would survive and thrive on 10% of the money given to the top.

That won’t happen and clubs like mine will go under.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    They are 90% closed, all the sports and leisure facilities are shut, as are the conference/banquet halls. All that's left is restaurants, which will be banned from serving alcohol along with the rest of HK. So you can sleep peacefully tonight, the "high risk groups" will not be congregating in clubs for the next few weeks.
    The HKFC is closing its sporting and recreational facilities but food and beverages outlet remain open. In essence, you can't go for a swim or have a couple of people playing tennis but a dozen people can go and hang out in the bar or the restaurant. I don't agree with closing recreational facilities but keeping bars and restaurants fully open. You do it or you don't. If you decide to do this then at best it's takeaway only. Pretty consistent with a lot of measures which are only half assed like having a voluntary quarantine with a system that is not fully operational.
    Jackie1 likes this.

Italian mayors are losing their cool over people not adhering to the lockdown:

I have to confess I laughed when I first watched this, but I need a laugh.

Last edited by Coolboy; 25-03-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    TigerSun and hannah01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    The HKFC is closing its sporting and recreational facilities but food and beverages outlet remain open. In essence, you can't go for a swim or have a couple of people playing tennis but a dozen people can go and hang out in the bar or the restaurant. I don't agree with closing recreational facilities but keeping bars and restaurants fully open. You do it or you don't. If you decide to do this then at best it's takeaway only. Pretty consistent with a lot of measures which are only half assed like having a voluntary quarantine with a system that is not fully operational.
    Been a HKFC member for long?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    No need to put the term in apostrophes.

Speaking of restaurants, I guess HK is facing a massive closure wave and big spike in unemployment unless the government can compensate these sectors as well as landlords easing the rent a little...but since this is HK we are talking about, I'm not holding my breath.
    Have gyms been closed by the gov? Nothing on scmp about it that I can see.

I'm starting to come round to the idea of a sort of lock down for 14 days. Close all bars, gyms, restaurants take out only, all shops and malls apart from supermarkets. Close all hiking trails. Going for walks ok but groups of 4 or less. If cases drop below 5 for more than three consecutive days the lock down can be lifted early. Gov pays all salaries for the 14 days. Extend it on a 3/5/7 day basis depending on how bad case numbers are come the end.

It would be a really shit 2 weeks. But might be better than months of a gradual lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    I think any measures to reduce large groups for the next few weeks are a good idea. It is a shame to close outdoor recreational facilities in this nice weather, but I guess it's easier than trying to say well tennis is OK but only if there are 2 players at a time, swimming is OK but we can only let x people into the pool, etc.

The restaurant issue is the same across HK, Carrie said they can stay open and everyone can eat and drink and chat as long as it's only lemon tea and not beer. Makes no sense to me but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72

I'm starting to come round to the idea of a sort of lock down for 14 days. Close all bars, gyms, restaurants take out only, all shops and malls apart from supermarkets. Close all hiking trails. Going for walks ok but groups of 4 or less. If cases drop below 5 for more than three consecutive days the lock down can be lifted early. Gov pays all salaries for the 14 days. Extend it on a 3/5/7 day basis depending on how bad case numbers are come the end.

It would be a really shit 2 weeks. But might be better than months of a gradual lock down.
    You know what, it seems unfair to randomly have things open or closed. Suspend all flights, close everything down except essential services, supermarkets and take away only, prove that you're serious about getting this thing under control instead of looking like a chicken without a head and implementing half assed measures randomly. On top of it, if all people are sufficiently pissed off, they'll be more motivated to do the right things in order not to go back to these kinds of measures
    Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon72

I don't think two weeks is long enough. India is three weeks, We are on a month (I am not allowed out for any reason at any time, except to go to hospital or in a coffin).

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I don't think two weeks is long enough. India is three weeks, We are on a month (I am not allowed out for any reason at any time, except to go to hospital or in a coffin).
    Doesn't really mater what the intial time frame is. They won't be lifting a lock down if cases are still rising and likewise there's no point in continuing if numbers drop to zero considering the travel restricitons in place.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast