Like Tree272Likes

Covid-19: March Week 4 Discussions

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

London UK, has a scheme to house homeless in hotels

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-51987345

A look ahead, not a silver lining...

Would a second wave be worse?

When it comes to the severity of the second wave, Kwong said it depends on how well Canadians abide by the measures in place and if the country is able to flatten the curve.
    Kwong said that with H1N1, countries that experienced a large first wave typically saw a smaller second one.
    Conversely, countries that had smaller first waves “generally” experienced larger second waves, he explained.
    I think that may be the pattern we see depending on what happens here,” he said. “It’s kind of like you have a choice: either you have pain now or you like your pain later.

“You’re going to have pain, it’s just a question of when you get your pain.”
    But, Kwong said, Canada is “nowhere close” to the peak of the virus because “not a lot of people have been infected.”
    “I would say that we haven’t seen anything yet here,” he said. “I think this theoretical second wave, or whenever we relax these restrictions, it’s going to dwarf what we’re seeing now.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6729472/c...UXTpuv_nzs90y8
    Tyresmoke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    True, and a good reason for being careful of supermarket items wrapped in plastic. I am immediately discarding any plastic wrap when the shopping is delivered, or I have been out, before a long hand wash.

Yes, I've just been spritzing with alcohol and washing packages that are able to be washed, and washing hands after preparing foods/containers, basically assuming any of them could potentially be viable.
    I know you are right but I get to the point where it just becomes too much. You need to behave like you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder to manage all the risks.

We need googles that can highlight the Virus like infra red thingys!
    Cornmeal and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe
    I know you are right but I get to the point where it just becomes too much. You need to behave like you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder to manage all the risks.
    Some of us have good reason to attempt to manage as many of the risks as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    And China's were thought to be 10 times higher than stated. Silly game of guess the real number.
    No need to guess. Italy and Spain already hitting China numbers two days ago based on number of days since 100th case.

Name:  91102839_10163182301275142_8856946597053857792_n.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  78.7 KB

There's only two kinds of information coming out of China. Lies and propaganda. Hope the whole world retaliates properly on them for causing a worldwide catastrophe.

Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    FFS US, G7 and China still acting like fucking little kids over naming the china/wuhan virus, demonstrates to the public they are hapless, their priorities are so easily distracted from important issues

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...9-20200326.htm
    The thing is, people don't remember much about what happened or who caused what. That's why China doesn't want the name associated with them, and they keep pushing the lies about how it came from elsewhere instead of China. If they could have, they would have just kept the whole COVID under wraps, but social media isn't as controllable as they would like in China, as they are reactive in controlling the messages that are brand new. All the countries know that now. It's why Trump is President. Officials now have to be a on a different level of lying compared to before. They have to create this image that people like and believe in whether it's true or not it doesn't matter.

They can't just ditch the corona virus like they did their star swimmer Sun Yang, but they even held onto him for the longest they could beyond the point of comprehension. China will absolutely try their bestest to spin it to their side. Calling donations when they are actually selling stuff. Quite ridiculous.
    Jackie1, Gatts and Mr Chips like this.

delete

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...avirus-but-why

The trend was first seen in China, where one analysis found a fatality rate of 2.8% in men compared with 1.7% in women.
    Since then, the pattern has been mirrored in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Spain.

...there is a growing belief among experts that more fundamental biological factors are also at play.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66
    Some of us have good reason to attempt to manage as many of the risks as we can.
    Me too. On meds for an Auto immune disease and in my late 50’s. Even so I find it hard to be ultra careful.
    kimwy66 and Jackie1 like this.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast