View Poll Results: Will there be a lock-down in HK?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

11 25.00%
  • Yes, but not as strict as the UK (aka, with HK characteristics)

25 56.82%
  • Yes. It has to happen.

8 18.18%
Like Tree98Likes

Will there be a UK style lock-down in Hong Kong?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The lockdown, or MCO, as it's called here in Penang is proving very effective. Like a ghost town, but the peace and quiet from the noisy bikes is bliss!

Motorcycle police are patrolling the streets, and there are many roadblocks. If you don't have a very good reason for being out you are ordered home.

To be taken seriously! Hamid said that about 110 people had been arrested so far for flouting the MCO."

Last edited by Cwbguy; 26-03-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Greghouse likes this.

Oops, wrong thread, sorry about that...

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 26-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    The lockdown, or MCO, as it's called here in Penang is proving very effective. Like a ghost town, but the peace and quiet from the noisy bikes is bliss!

Motorcycle police are patrolling the streets, and there are many roadblocks. If you don't have a very good reason for being out you are ordered home.
    I asked my wife what it is like in the outside world and she said you can drive as fast as you like there is no traffic!
    Cwbguy, Mr Chips, Skyhook and 2 others like this.

No chance of a total lock down in HK, the govt couldnt even decide to lock down the borders until it was too late, they will not lock HK down due to pressures from big business.

HK govt has over US400 Billion cash reserves but wont use it to shut down HK and help the needy. HK Style is let the strong survive and let the weak die.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I asked my wife what it is like in the outside world and she said you can drive as fast as you like there is no traffic!
    Same, these are two main roads, almost totally empty except for food delivery bikes who have never been so busy.

Name:  fceccb54-6d56-408b-81a6-7c905d44b3a7.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  97.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips
    Also, whenever I see the bars in Wanchai or GC, I would say the ratio of western to Asian is around 10:1... compare that to the population demographic of HK.
    Expat bars are full of expats, more news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau
    Here on Peng Chau with about 3 police, people will just do as they please, with the exception of going to restaurants, if those get closed.
    Come to Saikung on a weekend, it's as busy as Mongkok. And if bars and restaurants get closed, well, you don't need them to walk your dog anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    No chance of a total lock down in HK, the govt couldnt even decide to lock down the borders until it was too late, they will not lock HK down due to pressures from big business.

HK govt has over US400 Billion cash reserves but wont use it to shut down HK and help the needy. HK Style is let the strong survive and let the weak die.
    Why waste words? All you needed to say was:

No chance of a total lock down in HK, the govt would cock that up too
    They've only got about 100 other countries to use as an example .

Latest pictures of the UK style lockdown. Massive WTF.

Name:  Tube.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  Tube01.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  361.2 KB

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips
    I don't know man... I would guess if you don't hang out with many locals and you frequent bars, you might feel you know many locals who drink... most locals I know, and most of our pals are locals, rarely drink, if ever...

Also, whenever I see the bars in Wanchai or GC, I would say the ratio of western to Asian is around 10:1... compare that to the population demographic of HK.

Some HK people drink and drink to excess, sure, but it's a minority... it's a social norm. in the Anglosphere in particular...
    You wouldn't be allowed out to Tung Choi st or Hart ave, bro, so you'll need to take my word for it. Safe to say the ratio isn't 10:1 in favour of non-Chinese patrons.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast