View Poll Results: Will there be a lock-down in HK?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

11 25.00%
  • Yes, but not as strict as the UK (aka, with HK characteristics)

25 56.82%
  • Yes. It has to happen.

8 18.18%
Like Tree98Likes

Will there be a UK style lock-down in Hong Kong?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

In a couple months people might just stay home because they are all jobless and poor. Or they just wander the streets tearing up stuff in protest. Could be both. Lots of people on the streets recently, although I've strangely noticed less once the news about people returning to HK bringing back the virus, even on my way to work. I didn't know it was an option?

Mr Chips and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Is the UK lockdown strict?
    Getting stricter

Key workers are getting stopped by the police and asked why they’re travelling. Wearing uniform isn’t enough apparently for care workers so they will need to show an employers letter.

Fines for public gatherings of more than two is only £30, Needs to be in the spot £50 really.
    Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy
    Latest pictures of the UK style lockdown. Massive WTF.

Attachment 81060

Attachment 81061

TFL in there infinite wisdom have reduced the number of services and frequency.

Also some employers are forcing non key workers to come in, Or be sacked.

That’s the reality we’re facing in London right now
    chingleutsch and TigerSun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    No wonder she hides in her ivory tower, she's likely the most reviled person in this town. I don't know how she can look at herself in the mirror.
    I read somewhere once that CEOs are often sociopaths, because that's one quality that makes them perfect for the role.
    I guess Carrie is the same. No problem looking at the mirror for her I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Also some employers are forcing non key workers to come in, Or be sacked.
    According to what the mayor of London tweeted, they reduced services because one in three TFL employees is either quarantined or self isolating

Now I wonder if we would ever see this over here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT3GliO6nKY

Quote Originally Posted by jack55
    In a couple months people might just stay home because they are all jobless and poor. Or they just wander the streets tearing up stuff in protest. Could be both. Lots of people on the streets recently, although I've strangely noticed less once the news about people returning to HK bringing back the virus, even on my way to work. I didn't know it was an option?
    We're already starting to see a bit more 'thug' crime; corner store robberies and so on... bit by bit, the things I that made the positives about HK outweigh the negatives are eroded... with higher unemployment will come higher crime rates and suddenly HK will feel less safe... after the virus, I think it will take businesses a long time to recover... pretty difficult to get going if you're legally bankrupt, for example.
    Skyhook and chuckster007 like this.

Regina Ip and co likely to overturn alcohol ban to help their friend Zeman. Other measures such as limiting social gatherings (double win for them vis a vis protests) on the table.
    https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...abChangeable=0

Quote Originally Posted by london008
    Now I wonder if we would ever see this over here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT3GliO6nKY
    Even if you do see the cop car like that in HK (saw a lot more when the protests were in full effect), do HK people really care? You know you can walk all over the cops and they won't do anything worse than you've done to them, and any time they do an arrest they are condemned for excessive force. Only in Taiwan have I seen more "gentle" cops. People are more fearful of protesters than policemen/women. It's not just now but in the past the way they execute the law. You always knew there is a great big grey area that the police do not enforce. You know they won't condone murder/theft, but everything else below that seems optional.

Though I'm not oblivious to problems in other countries as well. There's always some imbalance that you can dig up. Anyway I think the chances of the full lockdown are slim since HK has already dealt with the first wave without locking down. People are pretty vigilant and businesses have suffered huge damages already. I'm glad I'm not in the retail/restaurant business although business is tough for any industry right now. Except for online/delivery services/mask makers.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55
    Even if you do see the cop car like that in HK (saw a lot more when the protests were in full effect), do HK people really care? You know you can walk all over the cops and they won't do anything worse than you've done to them, and any time they do an arrest they are condemned for excessive force. Only in Taiwan have I seen more "gentle" cops. People are more fearful of protesters than policemen/women. It's not just now but in the past the way they execute the law. You always knew there is a great big grey area that the police do not enforce. You know they won't condone murder/theft, but everything else below that seems optional.

Though I'm not oblivious to problems in other countries as well. There's always some imbalance that you can dig up. Anyway I think the chances of the full lockdown are slim since HK has already dealt with the first wave without locking down. People are pretty vigilant and businesses have suffered huge damages already. I'm glad I'm not in the retail/restaurant business although business is tough for any industry right now. Except for online/delivery services/mask makers.
    You must've been MIA since June 2019.
    jrkob, Baklava and chuckster007 like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast