Like Tree127Likes

Covid-19: 03/27 (Fri) - Global News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal
    Of course, right to the top of the viral Olympics leaderboard, anything China can do we can do better (even when it's a bad thing). Prepare to see Wumao smugness levels double.
    Attachment 81066
    I look at that chart and think how many weeks ago was it when the Philippines registered the first death outside of China? Now we have billions under some form of lockdown. The world has changed so much in such a short time. What will the world look like (for better or worse) in a few weeks time from now?
    Cornmeal likes this.

China has announced it will close its borders to foreign nationals from this weekend.
    Interesting, residence permit holders too. That means, even if China is your home you can't enter.

https://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/wjbxw/t1761867.shtml
    mangoprawnsalad likes this.

Oh shucks, no trip to China for me. I'm devastatedThese idiots can continue to lie, play war games and try to sell sand in the sahara. As far as I'm concerned they should become the pariahs of the world.

I noticed the US leapfrogging Italy and China to the top of the virus leaderboard and had that same thought that Trump might be chanting: We're winning! We're number 1

Jackie1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    Oh shucks, no trip to China for me. I'm devastatedThese idiots can continue to lie, play war games and try to sell sand in the sahara. As far as I'm concerned they should become the pariahs of the world.

I noticed the US leapfrogging Italy and China to the top of the virus leaderboard and had that same thought that Trump might be chanting: We're winning! We're number 1
    Its really not funny but I couldn't help laughing too!

Quote Originally Posted by a voice
    Its really not funny but I couldn't help laughing too!
    It's a mildly amusing moment but it is really quite tragic because the US is just starting and with the poor leadership and inconsistent approach, I won't be surprised if the cases eventually reach 7 numbers. Tragic for the rest of the world too because it means at best two or three more months of severe disruptions and I'd rather not try to conjure the worst.

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/s...97883186917379

To the surprise of no one here, except a certain party servant.

The Global Times admits that Webb’s conclusions are “without strong evidence”, but it also claims that Chinese citizens and experts are calling on the U.S. to publish details about the athletes who traveled to Wuhan.

Among those cited is Li Haidong, a professor of U.S. studies at the China Foreign Affairs University in Beijing. The Global Times quotes him saying that Washington needs to publish the “relevant information regarding the athlete’s health status and infection records to clear public doubts and help with the scientific study on the virus' origin.”
    Global times: Conclusions are without strong evidence
    Li Haidong: Asking for transparency to clear public doubts

Fake news outlet: China Is Now Blaming a Lone U.S. Cyclist For Coronavirus. Repeats US narrative.
    Investigative journalism: Nowhere to be seen.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/s...97883186917379

To the surprise of no one here, except a certain party servant.
    From what I've heard, the central directive to the provinces might be around the line of bringing down lockdown after 14 days with no cases, and now all provinces are scrambling to achieve 14 days with no cases. at. any. cost.
    eIIe likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast