View Poll Results: Are you scared of domestic terrorist bombs?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all

29 61.70%
  • No but as the State takes more freedom away it may happen

4 8.51%
  • No but other violence does scare me

1 2.13%
  • Yes, these domestic terrorist are dangerous

6 12.77%
  • More scared of the PLA or PAP

11 23.40%
  • Enuf with these questions

8 17.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree156Likes

Are you scared of bombs in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:

In order to regain respect, the only way is to have an independent body review and in some cases punish the actions of the police just like protesters/rioters can have their day in court to defend their actions. The police can not be seen to be above the law which at the moment is exactly that.
    Except the 5 demands one of them is demanding to be above the law. That all protesters no matter what they have done are to be freed without charge.

You cant cry rule of law yet at the same time demand to be exempted from it.

The guy who shived a cop in.the neck for instance. Tony Tsang whi was shot the NYT did a super slow motion of him swinging something at a cop. I do that in the UK or US Id get shot too
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchesterhope:
    Except the 5 demands one of them is demanding to be above the law. That all protesters no matter what they have done are to be freed without charge.

You cant cry rule of law yet at the same time demand to be exempted from it.

The guy who shived a cop in.the neck for instance. Tony Tsang whi was shot the NYT did a super slow motion of him swinging something at a cop. I do that in the UK or US Id get shot too
    It only seems fair that they be exempted as police already seem to be.
    Coolboy, Mr Chips, Gatts and 2 others like this.

Thats not actually an answer. If anything its a huge cop out. Bad people should be punished on all sides but when you specifically exempt yourselves then what exactly makes you different from the evil you fight against ?

What makes your evil acceptable?

Democracy? Is the politician who said he refused to consider the views of blues and called them dogs democracy ?

Neither is acceptable.

ALL bad things should be called out...

And if anything bad people should be shot. Why well if all the bad people are ccp agents then the cops would merely be killing their own wouldn't they oh and any bad events would be condemned but they aint are they?

Last edited by Manchesterhope; 28-03-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Thats not actually an answer. If anything its a huge cop out. Bad people should be punished on all sides but when you specifically exempt yourselves then what exactly makes you different from the evil you fight against ?

Democracy? Is the politician who said he refused to consider the views of blues and called them dogs democracy ?

Neither is acceptable.

And if anything bad people should be shot. Why well if all the bad people are ccp agents then the cops would merely be killing their own wouldn't they oh and any bad events would be condemned but they aint are they?
    1. You know, the best way you can tell if it's a wumao is if they advocate shooting people without a trial. So much for you wanting all "bad people" on both sides to be punished. Cops shooting cops because cops are breaking their own rules hahahaha, construct your argument properly mate.

2. About the district councillor, you can always vote him out next term. Though this does make you a huge hypocrite if you vote for the opposing pro-Beijing candidate who actively works to suppress people's democratic rights.

3. All your points would be valid if there wasn't law enforcement with blatant double standards. I'll also bet you $100 dollars that, had it been a pro-Beijing district Councillor who refused to help the 'cockroaches' in his constituency, no one at Home Affairs would have threatened to dock his pay. This obviously doesn't mean he should call people dogs, it's just that when you enforce the law partially, no one cares if you (the cops, pro-Beijing supporters) are the victim.
    Coolboy, Mr Chips, Gatts and 2 others like this.

Yes.... Not breaking a law but vulgar.

What about politicians that attack independent news organisations such as RTHK. They're not upholding the Basic Law?

Neither is acceptable.

You say ALL bad things should be called out but you seem to omit all police acts. You say people that commit bad acts shout be shot? So if a police shoots a person that is jaywalking, you think that they are entitled? Do we need to remind you that there was a protester that was shot and he was unarmed?

In my post I said that protesters can have their day in court and be punished appropriately if they are judged guilty. Do you think it's the police role to judge who is guilty or not and apply punishment? Do you believe in an independent judiciary? I never mentioned 5 demands or whether I agree with it. All I said is what you claim to say, if ANYONE does something that appears to be unlawful or excessive, they should be investigated and judged independently. The police and the courts are there for those protesting or rioting. Who is there to check on the cops? THAT is the main difference in HK and in the US.

There will never be an end to the protests unless there's a modicum of fairness. It obviously makes no sense to amnesty all protesters and try to punish all excessive force from the police but there has to be balance. At the moment, it is completely one sided in favor of the police and until some kind of balance is restored, the police and government will remain alienated from the majority of HKers.

The fact that the police have started "finding bombs" with increasing frequency at the same time as Article 23 being discussed again is no coincidence I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    The fact that the police have started "finding bombs" with increasing frequency at the same time as Article 23 being discussed again is no coincidence I'm sure.
    It'll be (re)introduced to LegCo in September if they get a majority.
    East_coast likes this.

What are cops buying now

juanalias likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast