Like Tree154Likes

WHO - a CCP run organisation?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Aww cute, Taiwan wants to sit at the big boys table. Perhaps if one day they may be able to help their tiny allies perhaps then they can get a word in or two.

https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202003230018

Original Post Deleted
    CCP might be authoritarian but they not dumb... killing your customers not great for repeat business I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHxU1ImzLXg

Not directly related to the WHO but certainly touches on the Wuhan virus.
    That’s a good discussion to watch in any case

But do you think the Chinese have been dining out on their ancient culture for too long?

Most of the accelerated modern ‘progress’ have been driven by the west. Medicine, space exploration, telecoms etc.

I don’t think China was that great before the CCP either hence the ‘Sick man of Asia’.

But I think even authoritarian governments are on a spectrum. From North Korean to China to Singapore.

It’ll be fascinating to speculate an alternative history if CCP never came to power.

Original Post Deleted
    LOL, trying to do good. He has basically read out Chinese press releases at every WHO press conference from the beginning. He has constantly said that China was doing an amazing job containing the virus and that banning Chinese travelers is totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Aww cute, Taiwan wants to sit at the big boys table. Perhaps if one day they may be able to help their tiny allies perhaps then they can get a word in or two.

https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202003230018
    Curtailing the supply of medical equipment has been done by many of the 'big boys' China stopped exporting ventilators for a while. The EU has slapped bans on its members from helping countries outside the Union with medical necessities.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/27/b...ban/index.html

What is the point you are trying to make? Taiwan should or should not join the WHO? If not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    What about those guys?
    Thought so.

Original Post Deleted
    This age old troll seems to have taken the opportunity to find something to praise the CCP about during the pandemic to come out of the woodworks. Last seen frequently circa June 2019 trying to defend the extradition bill.
    Coolboy, DennisMilano and eIIe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Thought so.
    ?????

That makes no sense.

You suggested a country could not join the WHO as it was imposing restrictions on exports for facemasks.

I pointed out many WHO members were doing the same.

Do you think Taiwan should be a member of the WHO
    Last edited by East_coast; 30-03-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    Coolboy and eIIe like this.

Original Post Deleted
    There is a book by Michael Crichton called 'Rising Sun' that basically runs exactly along your fears, just with the Japanese in the place of the Chinese. It was published in 1992 - world was a bit different then.
    Thing is - no one today in their right mind would be afraid of Japan. And since China is just following the Japanese playbook 1:1, I do not see any reason to believe that their attempt at world domination will end any different. If at all, they'll be hit much harder because their demographics deteriorated way ahead of their economy. I know everyone thinks that Xi is playing 4D chess but frankly, he just looks smart because his nominal opponent is still learning to tie his own shoes.