Like Tree261Likes

Covid-19: April Week 1 Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Before vaccinations, measles was showing forms of herd immunity naturally in the 1930s. Before the 20th century, few records exist making it hard to be definitive. Lack of evidence does not invalidate a theory, particularly if a vaccine is based on exactly the same principles as naturally gained immunity.
    Our recent measles outbreak in Hong Kong which hit airport staff was controlled with vaccination on site : measles was and is dreadful disease which leads to blindness mental retardation deafness in the newborn and foetal death : so unless you want a new generation to have that I think well pass on herd immunity : old graveyard are full of kids succumb to measles and it' assoc condition : you do know that measles has some commonality with sars both highly contagious : both isolate in negative pressure room till no longer infections : look at a home for mental disable and if in the 50year old or older the cause may be measles induced mr : the worst choice if you want to argue for herd immunity : horrific cost
    OK I'll give you a tip : herd immunity for roseola or slapped cheek disease in kids is a thing : but you know it's a totally benign disease not scary stuff like we are seeing :
    Last edited by hongkong7; 07-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    TheBrit likes this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...heater/609580/

Full closures - counterproductive or not?

Discuss in the Hong Kong context.

I've already given my view on similar articles. It's daft to shut outdoor areas. The article hits all the major points.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17